Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
Which book is the best to lern HTML ?
(Containing basic chapters to advance level web designing.)

go4saket

I am using HTML Black Book by Holzner. I am not sure weather or not it is the best book, but yes, the book is good.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Get this book if u can: HTML: The Complete Reference by Thomas A. Powell.
All of the complete reference series are good for beginers and professionals needing a quick lookup of a term. So they can be useful after you've mastered the bascs too.

tuxfan

Technomancer
HTML in 24 hours. Its pretty good for beginers and not too expensive either. The Indian Edition will cost only about 150.

Retro

Journeyman
That depends on what exactly do you want to learn. If you want a quick reference for making a simple site, get
"SAMS HTML in 24 Hours" or if you want an extensive learning course, get "SAMS HTML 4.01" or something similar. BTW, I would suggest you to learn from the internet if you have got a good connection.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
I will be buying Only one book.
So, suggest a good and complete book.
Though I am a beginner yet I would like to have a book which would guide me for a long time.
Hey thaks for the great link, geeky sage.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Then don;t get the 24 hours series.They are more like once-use-and-throw type books only as little content for you to kow how html looks like. And for which you have to pay. Get the 'The complete reference' series I mentioned. It is around a thousand page strong. It can be used as a reference book later on. And still later on, you can use it as a pillow :)
But, if u have the connection time left in ur account, I'll advise to learn it from w3c.com or internet.com to get a more realistic and practical approach to HTML. After all, when u've mastered the basics of html, you won't even need a reference book or any help.

go4saket

If you want a book that will teach you right from the basics and can also keep you going for a long time, I guess Black Book is the best option...

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
If you use internet at home so you can learn HTML on the net absolutely free. Try searching on Google.com for free tutorials...somehow I don't know about the books yaar

tuxfan

Technomancer
himtuna said:
I will be buying Only one book.
So, suggest a good and complete book.
Though I am a beginner yet I would like to have a book which would guide me for a long time.

I have HTML in 24 hours and I have never referred to any other book, simply because HTML is just the beginning. You will need to know CSS, PHP, MySQL, etc to be able to make web sites (or good web-sites).

Additionally, once you get hold of basics, then you can rely on some reference like w3schools and you will sail through. Then you also get 1st page 2000 from *www.evrsoft.com for editing HTML pages and that one also has a reference. So you really don't need to spend too much.

zegulas

Traceur
I would recommend ' HTML4 For Dummies '.
With 435 pages it provides almost all the necessary information about HTML.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
So, I need'nt to buy a big bulky book? If there are so much resources online and basics will master me by hardwork and Development.

geekysage

Journeyman
hehee...buddy, don't skimp on a book, books are generally the best investment you ever make. I personally do not like reading things on a computer screen and prefer a printed book over an ebook anytime. Oh and i am saying this even though i have a toshiba 14" tablet pc & my entire apartment has wireless internet (even the bathroom :p). I use internet (read Google) for quick references, that is what it is best for.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
How much you spent on buying this tablet PC?Tell it's config?
I have Palthevo N610c (Compaq)
Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R)
4-M CPU 2.20GHz
2.19GHz
512 MB of RAM
winXP

geekysage

Journeyman
it's a toshiba tecra m4
# Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
# Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
# 512MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz SDRAM (512MBx1)
# 14.1" Diagonal SXGA+ Display (1400x1050)
# nVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6200 TE 64M with dedicated 64MB DDR SDRAM
# 60GB (Serial-ATA, 5400rpm)
# 8X DVD-SuperMulti drive (Double Layer)
# Intel PRO\Wireless 2200BG (802.11b/g)
bought an additional battery and a usb security lock (uses encryption to lock out HD).

I bought it for ~US$2200 a few months back. I asked one of my friends in India to check its price in India, you know, to feel good :wink: and boy, did it make me happy! The same s_hit sells for ~Rs.1,70,000+tax in India - a clear difference of more than Rs.70,000!!

You are new to this place so you prolly don't know but I used to ask people here if they need any tech stuff (laptops, gfx and stuff) everytime before i make a trip to India so that my desi bhais don't get ripped off.

Anyway, good luck with HTML, hope you will find it easy. Just some more things, i'd like to suggest. Do check out CSS as well and never trust IE for your final ouput, always check it on Firefox before you publish your pages. And after you get your hands dirty with HTML, i guess, you'd wanna play with PHP....oops, i'm sorry if this sounds overwhelming but just wanna lay out a roadmap for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom