Status
Not open for further replies.

satyen_abrol

Broken In
hi friends
i am working on a timetable manamengent system..in which i have to display the timetables of different teachers depending on data fetched from database..the problem is that how do i display the output in a typical timetable format...because the names of the subjects can be different and i want it to be general...i hope you understood the problem.. waiting for a reply..

thanks
Satyen

tuxfan

Technomancer
You can't use plain HTML to fetch data from database! You will need something like PHP to do it for you. What database is that? Is it on a web-server somewhere? What's the setup for this application? Is it on an intranet or internet?

And please don't start multiple threads for the same problem!!

martian

Broken In
We cannot connect to a Database using plain HTML... You should try doing the same with AJAX, PHP, etc.

Paschim

Right off the assembly line
I dont think fetching from database is the problem but displaying it in the typical way is the problem.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Once you put the name of the subject also in the database, you can retrieve it and display it as a variable through PHP+SQL

Arun

OP
S

satyen_abrol

Broken In
Freinds fetching data from the data is not the problem.the problem is how do i present the data in the form of a timetable...what do i use in html to display the data...

And i have used JSP to connect to the the database MySQL..i again repeat fetching data is not the problem but how do i display it in the timetable format...

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Your table is basically HTML code consisting of recurring tabs (TR, TD, etc)... Just create a double loop for the table (one for the timeslot and one for the class to teach), put table level tags before the loop, row level tags in the first loop and cell level tags in the second loop... You will have to have PHP put out the whole Table code in generated HTML...

Arun

tuxfan

Technomancer
You need to use a loop (for, while, etc.) to display the table thats repetitive! I have a php Calendar that I made for a site. It had pecualiar requirements and so any existing one was not suitable. I wrote it from scratch.

If you need the code, PM me.

Frankly, your query is not too clear! What exactly is the problem? Are you not aware of table, th, tr, td, etc. code of HTML? Are you a HTML newbie? Whats the actual problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom