HTC One X Dilemma - URGENT

Planning to buy an android within 15k.
Got a deal on ebay(reputed seller) for brand new HTC One X AT&T 32GB for 14k with seller warranty, should I take it?

Dual Core Krait(better performer than quad core cortex A9), SLCD2 Display with Sense 5.0!

If not then please suggest alternatives.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
100% no to seller warranty. I think there was a thread earlier here or in TE where a guy had purchased one x from a reputed seller and it started showing signs of defect. Later this 'reputed' seller stopped picking up his calls, stopped responding to emails etc.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
My friend got his Xperia SOla for 14k from one such seller when it was available in market for 20k.
When the phone went dead after 7months,he contacted seller and the seller asked him to ship. When my friend contacted him for the second time to confirm the address,he didn't pick up the phone. And his calls go unansweed even today.
So, a big NO to seller's warranty from my side .

Seller warranty is where the seller promises to replace the phone in the warranty period. This does not provide any support from the cell phone manufacturer's service center. As mentioned by other members, seller warranty is just a way to lure customers into buying phone with no available warranty. Always get phones with 'manufacturer warranty'.

OP
S

sizzlingsaumye

Broken In
But I can get it repaired from the HTC service centre if there is an issue.
It will cost I agree, but better option than XOLO,MMX as there ASS would be an equally bad option.

But I can get it repaired from the HTC service centre if there is an issue.
It will cost I agree, but better option than XOLO,MMX as there ASS would be an equally bad option.

Any repair would easily cost 3-4k or probably higher. You'll end up spending equal to "manufactures warranty" version.

aniket.cain

Padawan
It all depends on your luck. I purchased my One X (AT&T) some 14 months ago from EBay, with a 1 year Seller Warranty (the seller was merawireless I believe) and I knew at that time that I was taking a risk. However it paid off, and the phone never gave me any trouble. Later I rooted it and installed custom rom on it (currently on 4.4.2 :D).

My phone never developed any issues, but it is just my case, others may not be so lucky...

It all depends on your luck. I purchased my One X (AT&T) some 14 months ago from EBay, with a 1 year Seller Warranty (the seller was merawireless I believe) and I knew at that time that I was taking a risk. However it paid off, and the phone never gave me any trouble. Later I rooted it and installed custom rom on it (currently on 4.4.2 :D).

My phone never developed any issues, but it is just my case, others may not be so lucky...
That's true......... My friend got an Optimus G, AT&T version @ 20k, working fine till now. I doubt it would be servicable by LG because its dimensions are different from international Optimus G

OP
S

sizzlingsaumye

Broken In
Wait For Moto G or get Xperia L :D

Motorola doesn't have a service center or any ASS, it would be worse. I don't like xperia phones, mostly for their bad display. :/

*www.ebay.in/itm/HTC-One-X-16GB-WHITE-4-7-inch-1-GB-RAM-8-MP-FULL-HD-DUALCORE-PROCESSOR-1-5GHZ-/121238678121?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item1c3a636a69#ht_2323wt_1275

^This is the link. Coming upto 13.8k with coupon, which is dirt cheap for a year old HTC flagship. I quite like this phone.

Plus good reviews I checked. Should I check out Lenovo/Huawei phones?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Motorola doesn't have a service center or any ASS, it would be worse. I don't like xperia phones, mostly for their bad display. :/

HTC One X 16GB WHITE 4.7-inch 1 GB RAM 8 MP- FULL HD DUALCORE PROCESSOR 1.5GHZ | eBay

^This is the link. Coming upto 13.8k with coupon, which is dirt cheap for a year old HTC flagship. I quite like this phone.

Plus good reviews I checked. Should I check out Lenovo/Huawei phones?

the link you gave has Seller warranty. its as good as having no warranty.

Motorola won't launch a phone without providing service centers.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@OP - My 3 colleagues bought different handsets from different power sellers, no one is facing any issue til now.
Xperia V, Acro S, OP G AT&T..

OP
S

sizzlingsaumye

Broken In
I have extended the budget to 20k, trying to get a nexus in that much.
Might also consider One X if I'm not able to(will save some money) :)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^ don't go for one x at-least go for x+...
one x having battery issues.. which they solved in x+ .. or go for S3..

OP
S

sizzlingsaumye

Broken In
^ don't go for one x at-least go for x+...
one x having battery issues.. which they solved in x+ .. or go for S3..

S3 - I'm getting from flipkart with warranty at 21k.
HTC One X - 15k from eBay without warranty
Nexus 4 - 24k with warranty
Which would you suggest?
Sorry I can't spend more than 20k for phones without warranty.

ankush28

Bazinga
Nexus 4 ~21k at local shops

One X is very old(performance is merely comparable with upcoming moto G(~15k)

OP
S

sizzlingsaumye

Broken In
One X is very old(performance is merely comparable with upcoming moto G(~15k)

One X will be a better option due to presence of HTC in India. I've owned a moto, the After Sales is non existent.

Nexus 4 ~21k at local shops

I have searched, it's hard to find. Sold out online too.

Get S3 or Xperia SP(if camera is not a priority).

Not considering Sony phones due to not so great displays. Display is a high priority.

Top Bottom