HTC One V - My first Android device.

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Hello guys,
I have completed my Ph.D. in last week
First of all, let me thank Mr. GOOGLE (my Ph.D. guide), TDF and couple of other forums who have helped me to complete my Ph.D.
Oh haa, the subject was 'Which mobile should I buy ?' :D

I have bought HTC One V for Rs. 17,300 (with 8gb card) from local dealer on 02-06-2012.

As I have already said, this is my first Android device, so I cant comment of any technical aspects or O.S. related features.
So instead of writing a review, I will write my 'experience/observations' with this phone in last 8 days.
I am writing this for those people, who are searching a new phone from in price range.
And still if anyone has a question, I will try my level best to answer it.

--> The design and build quality is awesome, everyone is liking it.

--> The user interface is very smooth.

--> I haven't yet seen any yellow dots on the screen.

--> 5mp Camera is very good. Better than the 8mp camera of Nokia 701
Decrease the Saturation and Sharpness settings by one and you would get even better photos. (never use in-camera picture adjustments settings on any Mobile camera or Digital Camera.)

--> I am not at all a music freak, (haven't even unpacked the earphones) but the sound is definitely better than the lot of other phones which I have used.

--> The graphics quality of various games seems to be a lot poorer than that of on Nokia 701.

--> I have encountered lagging just couple of times, that too only while playing 'Temple Run'.

--> Transferring SMSes and contacts from my N73 to this device was just 1 minute's process. (Thanks to HTC's 'Transfer' app)

--> Call quality is lot better than I expected.

--> Don't know why but I am using 'Backspace' button a lot while texting. (Nokia 701 me itni galtiya nahi hoti thi mujhse.)
Update :- I was disappointed with the stock keyboard.
But 'touchpal' has improved my typing speed and accuracy.
Touchpal is really a must have app ! :)

--> Completely satisfied with the browsing experience.
Chrome has lots of bugs, so I use opera mini.

--> I am yet to conclude my opinion about battery life of this phone.
I know I can't expect Symbian like battery backup in android but I had to charge my phone couple of times in first two day after just couple of calls and 3g internet usage. (Not even moderate usage.)
But since then I am sort of satisfied with the battery backup as I haven't charged my phone for last 2 days. (Used WiFi, Used GPRS, played games, used camera flash and still 13% is left.)
Because of these 2 contradictory incidents, I am yet to conclude my opinion on battery backup.

[size=+1]And last but the most important thing, please forgive me for my poor English. :([/size]

Update -- * Added Images *

1) With Amzer Silicon Skin Jelly case
*img267.imageshack.us/img267/7775/p1320356.jpg

2)Back side
*img17.imageshack.us/img17/3243/p1320358.jpg

3) The world famous chin :p
*img26.imageshack.us/img26/5678/p1320359.jpg

4) My Homescreen
*img43.imageshack.us/img43/9026/20120611192617.png

5) Installed apps
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/1430/20120611192600.png

6) Photos taken with One V's camera. (un-edited)
*img535.imageshack.us/img535/3346/imag0065v.jpg

*img35.imageshack.us/img35/3209/imag0103aw.jpg

*img833.imageshack.us/img833/48/imag0131j.jpg

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
pls post pics even if it is a a show off, we love to see pics of newly purchased products ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats power_8383...also install Mobile Tracker app to make it secure.

I m also using this excellent phone ;)

yashthedude

Gonna rock da whole world
Now guys i think we shud moove here now

Coz this is maybe a good topic to disucss

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/158405-htc-one-x-disscusion.html

techkens

Banned
Ya it is good htc with android operating system is really awesome, android having many applications now a days which are useful in daily life so you have choose a best mobile.

Top Bottom