hpm 70 vs EP-630 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^It does that because it doesnot recognize the device as the cable doesnot have the info feeded into it...if it had been an original cable that came with your pen drive then this problem wudnt have arisen...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
update fellows !!!!! Hpm 70 Originals now Costs only 700 Rs So U can bargain to 600 Rs !!!

also the cable length when used with EP 630 is not that big its really ok !!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i bought HPM-70 in Jan 07 for Rs 700. the wire becomes 2 m+ long if any other earphone is used with it which is very combursom.

Anyone else using HPM 70? I lost mine 1 piece of "small ear" rubber coushin, anyone willng to trade?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
gx_saurav said:
i bought HPM-70 in Jan 07 for Rs 700. the wire becomes 2 m+ long if any other earphone is used with it which is very combursom.

Anyone else using HPM 70? I lost mine 1 piece of "small ear" rubber coushin, anyone willng to trade?
Even I faced the same problem.........the rubber cusion is bound to get lost after 3-4 month of(exxcesive?) usage ......

K

krazyfrog

I want the prices for HPM-64 and HPM-75. Can anyone provide them?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
the shop in which i asked today said no hpm 75 in india....hmm dont know what
hpm 82 is 1.5k !!

hey i dont think the cable will be really that long !! i saw the hpm 70 man may be 1.5 m
wassup with hpm 64 ?? is that a great 1 too ??

hey krazy what's the diffrences between 75 and 70...do u think ne diffrecnes in there.....if so u can go for 75 then else there is always 82 or frm that time we are thinking.....EP 630 !

there are many fakes in the market...damn it........i hope this is not
anyway i asked it in a famous mobile shop

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

I asked the price of HPM-85 in a shop and he told me 1.5k.
HPM-75 is an improved version of HPM-70 with better sound quality.
Btw Nokia BH-501 costs only 1.9k. It is a stereo wireless headphone with decent sound quality.
EP630 with HPM-70 cable would be around 4.5 feet long.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
heyyy no i saw an what was supposed to be original HPM 70 in a good moblie shop.....and i could make out the cable length wont really be that horrible yaar

hpm 85 is headphones while 70 and 82 being earphones...so u say 85 is better..the headphones ??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
aks_win said:
hpm 85 is headphones while 70 and 82 being earphones...so u say 85 is better..the headphones ??
these headphones won't give decent noise cancellation feature. for that you'll hafta buy high end headphones like those sold by bose. hpm70 plugs in deep into the ear and provides passive noise cancellation technology. everyone may not feel comfortable wid it. if comfort is ur first choice then headphones are recommended anyday. also they are less portable. its all upto the user which he'd like to haf.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
thanks infra

yeah me considering of hpm 70 as the shop is offering it for 700rs
only thing now is it original ?? ....hv the prices come down or something ??

K

krazyfrog

An HPM-70 cable with its headphones removed is 1.5 feet long and EP630 cable is atleast 3 feet long.
Btw i feel HPM-85 has the best sound quality of all SE headphones. Also they aren't very big, the speaker size is the same as the length of our ears. They used to show them in that se ad (i luv missing the last bus home or something like that the ad went).

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yeah that's alright but they dont give u noise isolation
listening to music when there is lot of back ground noise is dangerous
that's yy me considering earphones like these hpm 70 and Ep 630s

if i had money then i would hv got bose headphones with active noise isolation hv no doubts

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i seriously haf no idea if the price has come down. been too busy these dayz to bother abt these things. will try to get info abt it.....

also those of you who complain abt the cable length... i know its cumbersome and i was cursing SE for it sometime ago. but thinking abt it for sometime made me realise this thing. the bottom fast port connector also bundles a microphone which has to be near ur mouth. now they can't shorten this length for obvious reasons. think how many audio equipment manufacturers provide u headsets/earphones/earbuds/headphones wid microphone built in which are compatible wid cellphones??? NONE! so that much length is inevitable.

only if the 3rd party earbuds u buy employ substandard wires then the quality will deteriorate. but if thats substandard then why buy them? it defeats the whole purpose. what happens if companies like creative shorten the length of their products? then they will become limited to cellphone users only and hence restricting the market. so neither can SE do anything abt it nor will companies like creative wil do anything abt it. in the end we gotta live wid it!!!

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Sony has a smart solution for this wire problem. Their models like the MDR-EX71 have a two part cable (like HPM-70) with the original headphone cable being just as long as the cable length of HPM-70 speaker cable (about half a foot) plus there is an extra three feet long extension cable. So if you have a device like iPod with the 3.5mm connector built-in to it, then you can use the extension cable, or if you have a cell phone with 3.5mm slot built-in headset then you can just use the speaker wire without the extension. Some of these models are available in india.

K

krazyfrog

infra_red_dude said:
^^^ cost matters, my friend :)
i know it above his budget. I was just explaining the brilliant idea used by Sony. If only other manufacturers used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom