hpm 70 vs EP-630 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
guyz i got a pretty ok muzik fone (k550i that is) my first upgrade would be better earphones

which one shld i buy.......i must do sum research coz 1k-1.5k for me is certainly not easy !!

what abt HPM 75 ne idea abt its cost and performance ??

frm wht i hear is that creative EP 630 not good at high frequency ranges is it ??
also digit ppl used EP 630 for all their MP3 player review featured in this month magzine

and i read that hpm 70 is one of the best in the industry in mobile-review site

i want over all Good performance....good bass also good treble
as i listen to both Rock and Trance

K

krazyfrog

I've HPM-70 for my W710i. Although the bass is excellent, the mids and highs (especially the highs) aren't very good. Infact even with the last two bars on the manual equaliser kept at full, the treble isn't enough. This affects the clarity of the sound and the music doesn't sound very clear or open. HPM-75 is an advanced version of HPM-70 with better sound quality. So if you can, get that one instead. I'm thinking of getting myself one too (cause my current headset connector has become loose and falls off) but i've no idea about the price. HPM-64 is also a good option and would be cheaper than the above mentioned two while offering similar performance. Only thing is that it lacks sound insulation.

assasin

Banned
u can easily buy the HPM-70 for 600 bucks.i got one for my Nokia 5500.use only the ear phones,sound is gr8.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Is it original or duplicate? Did you get it in the original package or separately? Btw you could've easily spent about 300 rupees more and got the EP-630 instead which i'm sure sound much better than HPM-70.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
krazyfrog : really u sure ?? that ep 630 sound better thn hpm 70

when i asked in a highly trustable shop abt hpm 70 the price was 1300 RS !!
frm to get it for 600 rs ??

ep 630 sounds cheaper option....but agian fast port to ep 630 compatible converter shld be 300 rs !!

so now me hv to look for hpm 75 price ?? if its not within 1.5k
then it all boils down to hpm 70 or ep 630 for me

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well I own EP-630 and it sounds great...The Bass and treble are almost perfect...mids might not be as good as highs and lows but overall you cant get better earphones than these for 1000 bucks...they are truly amazing..

assasin

Banned
krazyfrog said:
^^ Is it original or duplicate? Did you get it in the original package or separately? Btw you could've easily spent about 300 rupees more and got the EP-630 instead which i'm sure sound much better than HPM-70.

yeah its the original HPM-70.
i bought it from the gray market and the guy i got it from is reliable.
i tried to source the EP-630 but my vendor said it wud be difficult to get that one.newayzz i'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no matter what, if u dun buy the SE headsets then u gotta spend abt 250 for the convertor (actually its a duplicate hpm70 of which u end up using only the bottom part).....

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
so EP 630 it is.........fine now all i need to find is one good fast port to 3.5mm converter...
an original frm sony would help...but lets see how things will go.

K

krazyfrog

Is there any such converter available for SE phones? I know a few are available for Nokia phones but i've never seen ones for SE phones.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
converters.....see this pics...its looks like hpm 70 earphone hav 3.5mm and then connected to fast port via a cable

dupe hpm 70
*www.esato.com/board/ui/K8eQ6xZS48JMsd1abqmb.jpg
original hpm 70
*goomai.com/1/yej1/W8000.JPG

infra_red gave me these pics

idea is to get duplicate HPM 70 cost 200 rs

with it u can get that fast port to 3.5mm
btw with the originals also u get one right

K

krazyfrog

I know you can connect it that way. But do you have any idea how long the cable will be when you connect EP-630 to it? Atleast 5 feet!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
I know you can connect it that way. But do you have any idea how long the cable will be when you connect EP-630 to it? Atleast 5 feet!

there's no other way round. u gotta tie it up and separate 3.5mm stereo pin convertors are not available for SE phones, at least here... yeah wid original too u do the same. btw, i didn't find any reduction quality if i use a duplicate one. serves the purpose. the thing thats crap in a dup one is the earbud set which he won't be using it anyways.

btw, the one mentioned as duplicate was actually an original type. this type was available in only few numbers wid early w800i (but not in india). then SE started making the one like in the second pic. so here in india if u see an hpm70 wid that kinda neck band it most probably is duplicate (of corz u'll easily kno by the price)

also buying original one doesn't make sense as u gotta pay 1300 bucks whether u use the earbuds or not!

assasin

Banned
^^^ i've the original connector and i can sell it to u if u need it.its of no use to me as i dont hav a SE fone.
if u want i can post pics.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ i am very intrested...let me know but how ??? i am in b'lore !!

guyz but another problem
now the cable lenght will double as he said 5 feet

now that means the signal will get weaker till it reaches the ear phone
what do u say abt this ??
so will thr be a loss in quality now ??

also power loss due to long cable length which means lower volume right ??
damn it.............

this sony ericsson sux why dont they allow us to use other earphones !!

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
aks_win said:
now that means the signal will get weaker till it reaches the ear phone
what do u say abt this ??
so will thr be a loss in quality now ??

also power loss due to long cable length which means lower volume right ??
damn it.............

crap! it doesn't apply to cables like these! it happens wid cables involving high voltage and large dimensions. where did u read this thing from? dun worry abt it. nothing will happen :)

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
infra_red_dude said:
crap! it doesn't apply to cables like these! it happens wid cables involving high voltage and large dimensions. where did u read this thing from? dun worry abt it. nothing will happen :)

ok thanks that my was own theory.........lol
as u c when i connect my pendrive directly to USB port work fine

but when connected thru a long cable it does get detected but then aks for install drivers and windows installer pops up...why i dont know
i thought may be signal goes weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom