HP pavillion dv6-6140tx Laptop graphics

deepak8286

Broken In
i had bought HP pavillion dv6-6140tx notebook

HP website says it has video graphics "AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB GDDR5 Dedicated)"

but under in the laptop when i check system information i cannot find HD 6770M

also it fails for crysis 2, dirt3 games in canyourunit.com saying you have Mobile Intel HD graphics...

please tell y this happens..... will i be able to play high end games?

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
ohk i didn't checked it out but if u r saying so then the laptop must have the 6770 ... it may be possible that the amd graphic card has been manually switched to intel by mistake....try to manually switch to amd...

first of all go to device manager and check if the card is detected by the OS..my guess is that hp provides switchable graphics...all the best with it...:-D

aniket.cain

Padawan
i had bought HP pavillion dv6-6140tx notebook

HP website says it has video graphics "AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB GDDR5 Dedicated)"

but under in the laptop when i check system information i cannot find HD 6770M

also it fails for crysis 2, dirt3 games in canyourunit.com saying you have Mobile Intel HD graphics...

please tell y this happens..... will i be able to play high end games?

Follow this thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/140870-hp-dv6-6017tx-6140tx-6121tx-thread.html

OP
D

deepak8286

Broken In
ohk i didn't checked it out but if u r saying so then the laptop must have the 6770 ... it may be possible that the amd graphic card has been manually switched to intel by mistake....try to manually switch to amd...

first of all go to device manager and check if the card is detected by the OS..my guess is that hp provides switchable graphics...all the best with it...:-D

Yes friend i am able to detect both intel and AMD graphic card 6770...

please help in how to switch over to AMD graphic card

aniket.cain

Padawan
Even without installing the BIOS update, you should have been able to run those games. It seems you did not select High Performance mode in the Catalyst Control Center.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Don't get much time to use this. 1-2 hours a day, surfing TDF and facebook. Busy with office and shifting flat.
I have already told you how to use ati 6770 as default. Follow the steps I have mentioned in the above link.
One word of caution, itwill reduce the battery backup drastically.

OP
D

deepak8286

Broken In
somehow i manage to configure the card....
friend i m a beginner in laptops....i have some basic doubts can u please clear them

1) i play games at around 6hours per day in my laptop...so if i use 6770 it will reduce my battery very fastly...so to endure longer time can i plug play games while my laptop is charging?

2) it dissipates heat ---what to do to cool it?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
somehow i manage to configure the card....
friend i m a beginner in laptops....i have some basic doubts can u please clear them

1) i play games at around 6hours per day in my laptop...so if i use 6770 it will reduce my battery very fastly...so to endure longer time can i plug play games while my laptop is charging?

2) it dissipates heat ---what to do to cool it?
1) Plug in when gaming. Battery will last 2hrs while gaming.
2) Use a cooling pad. Or elevate it a bit. ALso there is a software called coolsense. Its pre-installed. Check it out.

Top Bottom