hp pavillion dv2840ee

siyadmp

Right off the assembly line
im using above model laptop....its having nvidia geforce 8400 gs graphics card....i had installed fedora 15 and nvidia driver....when i view the temperature of the display card from nvidia menu its rising from 45 degree to 55 degree celciuse......does every card temp vary like this or this is a problem......i recently
changed the graphics card spending lot of money.......hope you reply soon.....

sukesh1090

Adam young
its normal temperature for a laptop gfx card.so nothing to worry as notebook parts get heated up a lot and also capable of withstanding high temperatures.

OP
S

siyadmp

thanks for your reply.......last month i had serviced my laptop due to graphics card problem so little bit afraid..........

my laptop have express card slot. Do i can connect external graphics card via this slot.....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Its hard to find external adaptor in India. I don't know if its even in production yet.

Also its will not be cost effective.

OP
S

siyadmp

So I just hooked up a 2GB 5850 to my laptop... - [H]ard|Forum

please check this link and reply.........

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

OK. I thought you were talking about the MSI external GPU thing. MSI said that the express slot bottlenecks (or was it due to power connector?) anything above a HD5670 (similar to HD6770M).

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

It WILL bottleneck the card which you are using. So, output will not be improved too much.
But at last its your call.

Top Bottom