HP Pavilion dv9295ea "Lemon" replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshyjohn

Developer
Its a long story but it involves a HP Pavilion dv9295ea which was purchased for around Rs.96,000 that turned out to be a real lemon. List of parts replaced so far:

1. Display Assembly (central bush missing on arrival) - includes hinges, 17" LCD, bezels, webcam and 2 microphones. This repair was attempted first with just new hinges. When that failed, the whole thing was replaced.

2. Motherboard
a. Original mobo: RY700EA #ABV
b. Second mobo: RY00EA #ABB
c. Third mobo: RY700EA #ABV
d. Fourth mobo: <something> #ABA [fraud]
e. Fifth mobo: RY700EA #ABV (with only 256MB graphics) !!!

3. Processor, heat-sink and thermal paste - this was done after a couple of motherboard replacements
4. QuickPlay touch panel
5. Internal cables
6. Replaced display bushes on new display assembly

Its worked as intended only for 5 months over the last 14 and its been with HP for over 3 months undergoing repairs - problems turned up everytime they decided to return it and had to be repaired again.

Finally they fixed it somewhat ok but they gave me the wrong motherboard! I called up HP and told them I have had enough and I want the system replaced.

They said sure but now seem to be dragging their feet.

The whole messy affair has been put up at my website: *hp.koshyjohn.com (Please do read it - you'll think twice before getting a HP laptop after this)

I am wondering whether to enter this into Digit's 'I LOVE MY LAPTOP' contest.

Have any of you faced similar problems? How do you think I should proceed?

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
Isn't there anyone here with any kind of an idea what to do in a situation like this?

"Called HP CC on May 23nd, 2008 - the call that was promised never materialized. What a surprise. Talked to someone named Tarun who told me that this is an extremely long delay and that he's terribly sorry. They were unable to get in touch with their Bangalore department by phone and he told his supervisor about the situation who promptly started composing a mail to the department (well that's what he told me). And he said he couldn't promise a response within a given time frame since the escalation/replacements department was not directly connected to theirs."

All that's been happening over the past 2 weeks is me calling and them promising stuff. I wrote off a letter to HP India's President... Lets see if that does any good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom