HP Pavilion dv6600 - windows not loading

cm_pradeep

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion dv6600 laptop with AMD processor.It was bundled with Vista.Since it was very slow i moved to Windows 7.Then some drivers i was not able to get so i moved to windows xp.then for a while no problem with the laptop.Two months back when i turned on the windows loading screen comes and hangs with a watemarked image.I reinstalled windows then it become ok.But after shutting down and when entering the same problem occured.I tried re insalling XP,seven,vista . One are two times it works good.But it again stucks in the windows loading screen.Am not able to enter in safe mode also, Using last known good config option also not working.What would be the problem and what should i do...Please need your help!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Since you are not able to enter Safe Mode, there is a huge probability its a virus

IF it boots,
go to this site and do a Online AV scan-
*trendmicro.housecall.com

IT should solve all your troubles

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Since OP is not even able to log on, and gets stuck while booting, it most probably is some problem other than Virus. Moreover, since he is unable to log, he can't use any Antivirus scanner.
More probable reasons:
Corrupt Hard drive, so in turn corrupt windows files,
Bad memory (RAM)

Possible resolutions:
Do a Disk Check UP though system repair command prompt
Try to boot with another RAM module.

I think, a disk check up (chkdsk) will most probably rectify the problem.

OP
C

cm_pradeep

Right off the assembly line
Hi vineet thanks for your suggestion.I have a doubt how to enter the command prompt since the system doesnot boot in anymode.

During start up i have to use F8 or anything else?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
what do you have currently? Xp? Vista? 7?

put the Windows dvd or cd in the laptop. Then click repair Windows then select boot.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you have XP installation disk, then boot from the CD, and when prompted, enter, Repair mode.
When you would enter in repair mode, a command prompt would show up. There you will have to enter administrator account password. If there is none, dont enter it, and simply press enter.
After you are on the prompt, enter following command:
Code:
chkdsk c: /r
Change C to other drive, on which your windows is installed.

UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) is also a CD which can be used in such circumstance, but you would need a windows disk too, to make one.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom