HP Pavilion DV4-3145TX?

09armageddon

Right off the assembly line
Anybody here has any experience with this laptop? If yes how would you rate this laptop? Are there any issues that I should be aware of?

themohit

Broken In
Anybody here has any experience with this laptop? If yes how would you rate this laptop? Are there any issues that I should be aware of?

hey i have this laptop works great for me except the opengl applications that donot open with amd graphics which is in every laptop with dynamic switching of graphics with amd graphics though this is solved by using unofficial modded drivers rest all is quite good for the laptop except that u need to take extreme care of laptop lid as it is prone to scratches i must mention graphics card is terrific i can overclock it to amd 6770m clocks and get even better results in games though be sure of temps . laptop is lightweight and powerfull so 9/10 in performance 8/10 in looks overall a good buy and yes i bought it for Rs 45000

OP

09armageddon

Thanks. I went ahead and bought this laptop. I installed deus ex human revolution. While playing it in DX11 mode there is a black bar at the right edge, also i cannot change resolution or aspect ratio. While playing in DX9 mode none of these problems occur. Any idea why?

nok2626

hey i have this laptop works great for me except the opengl applications that donot open with amd graphics which is in every laptop with dynamic switching of graphics with amd graphics though this is solved by using unofficial modded drivers rest all is quite good for the laptop except that u need to take extreme care of laptop lid as it is prone to scratches i must mention graphics card is terrific i can overclock it to amd 6770m clocks and get even better results in games though be sure of temps . laptop is lightweight and powerfull so 9/10 in performance 8/10 in looks overall a good buy and yes i bought it for Rs 45000

Great, where did you buy it. I couldn't find this model on flipkart. Even the retailers here are also not having the dv4 series.

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
Guys please share contact details of the dealers. I am also looking forward to buy it, but everyone says that it's been discontinued.

themohit

Broken In
Thanks. I went ahead and bought this laptop. I installed deus ex human revolution. While playing it in DX11 mode there is a black bar at the right edge, also i cannot change resolution or aspect ratio. While playing in DX9 mode none of these problems occur. Any idea why?

for that you need to update to the latest graphic driver u can find it Here at leshcat.blogspot.com and mind it do a clean install . it has latest 12.1a driver

themohit

Broken In
Great, where did you buy it. I couldn't find this model on flipkart. Even the retailers here are also not having the dv4 series.

i bought it from hp world in Chandigarh and it was only available there and after sometime got out of stock from there also
u can do one thing go to flipkart and search dv4 3016tx it is out of stock and u should then click on notify me when available icon and if there is enough demand they might get it back search other retailers like letsbuy.com also

OP

09armageddon

I bought it from a local dealer here in Siliguri, West Bengal. Are you guys sure it is being discontinued permanently? Is that going to affect the support for the system?

OP

09armageddon

By default the 750 gb hd in my system came with 4 partitions:
system-199mb
c drive-684gb
hp_tools-99mb
recovery-13.55gb

I want to reallocate 80gb to C and create two other partitions with the free space available. I tried to shrink the c drive using win 7's in built disk management, but it showed me that available shrink space is around 330gb :(

How do I get around this?

Top Bottom