Creative 5.1
Creative 7.1 Audygy COUD
Creative Audygy NX
Creative USB Sound card (A.O)

M AUDIO Sound Cards

Delta 1010 LT Internal (A.O)
USB Sound Card (A.O)
JAM LAP (For Guitar) (A.O)

M-Audio sound card, if there are Vista compatible drivers.

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
I went ahead with 6516tx. Now since its a 160gb hard disk, how do i format and reload windows vista on it...or should i load winxp..r there any complaints with vista ?

yeah, 6575 has been launched in the US, but the backdrop of that is its only 4200rpm..not good enuf...i was confused between 6516tx and 9502au....went ahead with the former coz 9502 wud prove to be very bulky ...

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nish121 said:
I went ahead with 6516tx. Now since its a 160gb hard disk, how do i format and reload windows vista on it...or should i load winxp..r there any complaints with vista ?

First note the key of Windows Vista installed. If you have a bootable DVD of Vista then boot from it & format the whole HD. Then make a partition of 20 GB for Vista, this should be enough. Make rest of the space as a bit partition.

Don't enter any serial & uncheck the checkbox which says to avtivate when online. Select to install the version which came with your laptop, then install.

Once installed, reboot. Then wait for vista to finish installing & enter the key to activate

dextornap

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys!!

I am rather new to buying a laptop. So i visited many websites and forums to get the first hand knowledge. Also i visited local laptop vendors and looked at couple of models.

Finally i shotlisted these 2 models:-

HP dv6516TX
Sony VAIO VGN-FZ15G

But i am really confused to select one among them. Please help me out in this.

I am not a big gamer or something. But would like to play some games and music/movies on it. SONY FZ15 has HDMI port. Does dv6516 has it? I wish to coonect my laptop to LCD TV and 5.1 channel speakers.

Since people in this thread are talking about HP dv6516tx i guess you guys can suggest me. It has Intel Core2 Duo processor T5250. Does this gets heated up quickly? i heard with my friends that this is the biggest drawback of most HP laptops. Also battery backup is low.

One of you have already purchased this model i guess. So how good is it performance wise?

I feel SONY has better picture quality. But its costly. HP support is known to be very good. How about SONY?

TechHunter

The Hunt is On
dextornap said:
SONY FZ15 has HDMI port. Does dv6516 has it?
Yes it does has a HDMI port.

dextornap said:
It has Intel Core2 Duo processor T5250. Does this gets heated up quickly? i heard with my friends that this is the biggest drawback of most HP laptops. Also battery backup is low.
The maximum i have used it, so far, is about 5 hrs at a streach and the temperatures it reached are not too high for a laptop. The battery backup however depends on what u r using it for at that time, i have got about an average of 3 to 3.5 hrs backup.

dextornap

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot friends!!!!

I think i will go ahead with 6516.

One more query ....... Reliance Data Card and TV Tuner are promotions by HP or Local vendors??? Have you recieved those? I am put up in Bangalore...Is it given to you on-spot or you have to redeem it from HP site? Finally, are they really giving away such freebies or its just sales spoofing??? whats your experince with Reliance NetConnect (If at all you are using it) !!!!

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
How do i parition my hard drive

Hi guys,
Just bought the 6516tx..its has 140gb and 20gb partitions.i need 4 partitions..of 40-40-30-30-20(reserved for the os)..how do i go about it..do i have to use the recovery disk or can i use partition magic..if i can, then how i allocate the which drive to boot from..Should i let vista remain or should i downgrade to Xp..lemme know asap..tx

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ did you get windows installation media (not the recovery disks)? if so then simply backup ur files to an external media and start the windows setup. u can partition ur system from the windows installer itself. if u din get any media, then make recovery DVDs jus in case u need it. hp, afaik, provides a recovery disk creator software. then note down the windows product key. install a trial version of windows (wid out entering vista key during installation). parittion to ur heart's content and then activate it using ur OEM key.

regarding xp vs vista. its totally subjective. depends a lot on ur taste and the software you run.

TechHunter

The Hunt is On
^^^ I just completed my partitioning on dv6516tx, using Vista's inbuilt disk management feature.

Initially it did not allow me to shrink the C: drive volume less than 70GB from its initial size of 140GB, though only 20GB was occupied. But once you disable the "System Restore" and "Page File Setup" features, it will allow you to shrink it upto 26GB. Once the partition is completed you can enable those features back again. I was able to partition it into 35-15-30-30-30.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
in other words u were successful and did not loose any data or have any hic ups ....

TechHunter

The Hunt is On
^^ yes right.... no hic ups and no data loss.... also if you are worried about data loss i would suggest you to do a disk fragmentation before continuing with partition creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom