HP DV6516Tx of 6575US

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish121

Broken In
I want to buy a new laptop for my Dj'ing purpose.
1. WHich has very good sound output
2.Good processor performance
3.Good Ram & Hard Disk
4.Mutlitasking expert.

I shortlisted 2 models.Please help me which 1 to buy. 6516tx and 6575us. Also should i go for AMD or intel processors...
Any other laptop or configuration you guys can suggest..Asap !

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i got the dx6516tx today .... dj'ing i cant say now but over all the machine is just slcik ... a review by 2moro midnight

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nish121 said:
I want to buy a new laptop for my Dj'ing purpose.

Get any laptop & add to it Creative Soundblaster NX external Soundcard

Both Intel Core 2 Duo & AMD Turian support SSE3 which asists a lot when it comes to Audio work.

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
Ppl say AMD gets hot and stuff like that...Should i go for an HP AMD machine at a lesser price, or should i stick with intel..does it make sense buying a 17" inch screen laptop. and this new model 6575us has come out but with a slower rpm 4200...is it advisable ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nish121 said:
Ppl say AMD gets hot and stuff like that

That problem was solved in 2002

Should i go for an HP AMD machine at a lesser price, or should i stick with intel

Both will do

does it make sense buying a 17" inch screen laptop

Depends whether u need it or not.

and this new model 6575us has come out but with a slower rpm 4200...is it advisable ?

Nope, in today's time, 5400 atleast

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
"AMD gets hot"
chuck that man.... thats crap!

for DJing purpose? i suppose a turion x2 64bit is enough for you. try to squeeze in 2gb ram. 17" lappies are a bit cumbursome if u are too frequent a traveller. plus the battery backup reduces. 4200rpm hdd??!!! stay away! don't buy them!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but be careful of a 64bit u might not be able to do other normal stuff coz of lack of softwares .... and make sure that the dj-ing softwares have a 64bit version

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well, i don't think he'll be installing the 64bit version of any OS or software! they are a rarity now. and i dunno any 64bit DJ software!!! its jus to make him future proof. i jus suggested him to check that the turion is 64bit coz core2duo supporte intel em64t. so he shudn't be devoid of 64bit support if he buys the amd turion.

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
but dude..turion is from amd itself and u said amd sucks...do u have any idea if virtual dj 4 works with VIsta ? & will there by any major difference between 1.5ghz and 1.76 ghz?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
oh you got me wrong! i said chuck the thot that "amd gets hot" that statement is crap!! :D

virtual dj has been running fine here on vista basic and yes the 0.26ghz does matter! but the savings do matter too!!! :)

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
Any place where i can download the new full version of Virtual Dj vista compatible ? how much will a creative external soundblaster cost ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) ahem... plz keep questions like those outta this forum!

2) what soundcard do these lappies haf? if its hdaudio, then that enough for casual DJing.. more than enough man.. are you a pro DJ? and will u connect pro DJ equipment to ur laptop? if yes, then get the soundblaster ext. if not then no need. the internal audio card is jus fine...

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
bro,,its coz my old laptop toshiba satellite had very low sound output, and puttin an external sound card would just be a luxury to that, so i decided to buy a new 1. Yes 6516 has hd audio..yeah, i am a pro Dj..and might be required to connect my laptop to external mixers and stuff.Hows the creative sound card..better than the hdaudio...card

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nish121 said:
might be required to connect my laptop to external mixers and stuff.Hows the creative sound card..better than the hdaudio...card

Get soundblaster NX

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
do u suggest any other laptop in this range. might be an AMD also..just have this blockade in my head,that between AMD and intel..Intel is much more faster and superior..?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nope, right now AMD is as good as Intel. First decide which laptop u want to buy then tell the specs & CPU model here. Both from Intel & AMD then only we can say whether AMD CPU is slower then intel or not.

OP
N

nish121

Broken In
hmm k...models are 6211au,Dv2519 (both 512mb ram)..9502Au / tu...and finally 6516tx..
2.. Out of these ones, which 1 should i take

32 Bit 4 Channel Card
6 Channel Sound Card
Sound Card usb
Creative 5.1
Creative 7.1 Audygy COUD
Creative Audygy NX
Creative USB Sound card (A.O)

M AUDIO Sound Cards

Delta 1010 LT Internal (A.O)
USB Sound Card (A.O)
JAM LAP (For Guitar) (A.O)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
regarding the cpus. yes at the moment core2duo beats the turion x2 in raw tests. but the differnce is not so much noticable if u are not a heavy gamer or 3d software user. so i guess for ur usage turion or core2duo shouldn't make much difference.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup... Get a turion (minimum tl-56) if ur budget is low...
also if u hav some relative in the states then u can get a dell 1521.. its awesome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom