HP dv6 1211ax Vs Lenovo Y550 418629Q (Gaming Laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfire

Journeyman
i want a gaming which can give me reasonable amount of battery back up (ideal would be 3 hours) these two are laptops which i have shortlisted. i know that DV6 is powerful but i can compromise a little in performance for a longer battery life.

Q1- so i want to ask which one is better & why?

Q2- i have read that 1211ax gives battery back up of just 1 hour 30 minutes under load (source techtree) which is way less than acceptable but i don't know about the battery back up of lenovo.

Q3- i have also heard from my frnds that lenovo laptops are not good in build quality, is this true?

Q4- do DV6 one has led backlight?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) dv6 1211ax. HD4650 is lot better than GT130M
2) get a 9 cell battery and you will get better battery life
3) not sure about that.
4) no.

otpsurvive

Broken In
+1 for @desiibond.

As for battery life, there is a huge confusion in today’s market. The standards are set by a consortium which aren’t based on real world usage scenarios with the companies ending up rating battery life at insanely high levels which prove to be white lies.

There needs to be a sea change in the way battery life is questioned by the user and rated.

The way Cellular phones today state battery life is the ideal way even laptops need to be rated – With both talk time and stand-by time. Similarly a work-time and a stand-by time. This will give the users a clearer picture enabling to make a more informed decision while buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom