HP dv2601tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I got a hp dv2601tx laptop last week, it was fine. Now when i start the laptop it asks for Check Disk, if i allow it do so it will start and scan till 12890 i.e. (1%) and stops nothing more happens. What should i do for this problem.
Operating System is Windows Vista.

As my office IT person told me to do hard disk check from BIOS, it worked fine and showed 100% complete and pass.

Thanks in Advance.
Channabasanna S

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Yes it skips the scan and works fine. If i run the same chkdsk in windows, the chkdsk completes fine, but while booting it happens like this.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Can i get links to download the drivers for Windows XP for my laptop, in the hp site i didn get all the drivers.

chicha

High without substance...
if your laptop came with preinstalled VISTA then you will not get all the drivers for XP.
No use looking for them,
i spent 4 days on net and found only wlan drivers and one more.
NO VIDEO, NO AUDIO driver i found for my HP6602.
if i was working with a good sal i would have droped the dammn thing of my building's roof and uploaded the video on YOUTUBE.

M

majmundarjigar

you can get xp driver from HP website, besides you can't install XP because it is not supported in dv2601tx. If you come across any work around for installing XP then let me know.

Thanks

JIgar

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Although the drivers might not be available officially on HP's site but there are many third party sites that you can scan around to find the drivers.

Although there will be some hardware that you won't find drivers for, but for the major chunk you will definitely get it if you are patient :)

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
hi
i have a tutorial for installing xp on hp dv 2601tx laptops.all drivers for xp are available.and it's 100% working.you can find it here.
*techtricks.co.in/?p=131
enjoy the true power for which your laptop was built for.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom