HP 19" touchscreen Media PC-> iMac Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Looks like AMD has a sweet new rig they're readying for January launch, and word on the street is Bill Gates wants to launch it personally. It's the IQ770 "Crossfire," the first mass market touchscreen desktop PC we've seen, surely good for taking advantage of Vista's integrated tablet functionality. The Vista Premium system, set to launch alongside Windows on January 30th, features a massive load of options including: 19-inch touchscreen, AMD Turion 64 X2 dual core TL-52 processor, 2GB SDRAM, 320GB drive, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated 1.3 megapixel camera, integrated FM and ATSC HDTV tuners, a DVD±RW / DVD-RAM burner with LightScribe, Pocket Media Drive bay, wireless keyboard, mouse, stylus, front media reader, and a crazy amount of ports (Ethernet, two FireWire, six USB 2.0, one with HP printer power Y-cable connector, 5.1 + digital audio out, IR out, mini-VGA, and inputs: FM coax, TV coax, ATSC, and two S-Video). It also features some new widget-like dashboard interface, featuring HP new SmartCalendar, which serves as a central point for virtual fridge notes and shared family calendars; as well as Photosmart Touch, a new image editing and printing interface. Expect to pony up $1799 - $1899 :shock:for this iMac killer in a couple months. Tons more photos after the break!

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/1769/hpcrossfire3sh8.th.jpg
Man!!! this^^ is something i'd really love to have. WOW

Source: engadget. com

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
This really deserves the 'Who designed this krap' and 'What were they thinking' verdicts.

Firstly, what are they trying to achieve with this? UMPCs are going no where because of their mid way form factor trying to serve the best of both worlds. The looks dont matter to me personally, but this really makes me wonder why I would get it. I would actually prefer a old fashioned desktop PC with an LCD over this or quite simply a laptop. The former won't offer any portability, neither does this. It would sure keep the price tag down.

They label it a touch screen desktop. The turion x2, the Go GPU and the other standard components used suggest otherwise. How would a touch screen justify itself on a mass manufactured desktop PC aimed for the masses.

Of course, now you can expect them to come with another marketing gimmick for this product too. Like they did with their proprietary lightscribe, slot loading hdd's (forgot the term they had for it)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
WOW...once it is a bit more affordable masses WILL go for...coz not everyone wants portability, plus masses prefer ease of use & looks. I think the product is awsome.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Who designed it anyway! It's fugly.

They got nothing right apart from the display.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom