HowTO: Save some money when using Paypal

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No bro the card was used after a month of no usage. SBI told to contact PayPal and PayPal is crap. Can you share email of their concerned?
1586515997954.png

Raise a concern via their online support ticket system after shutdown is over.

But contract amount+commission seems good enough. What's wrong in that?
Just don't trust these cloud mining companies in general plus I only ever need cryptocoins for some small bill payment which is only a few dozen rupees cheaper than paypal option.

These kinda private banks usually have those hidden terms and conditions in there somewhere. Is anyone using that card on TDF?
Not on TDF but I have seen comments on dedidime forum & as per those this card charges are the lowest among all cards & definitely no 3.5% forex charge(there will be some other charges like gst etc but all those still will be very small).

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I have another problem with paypal and Sbi CC. I used Paypal's exchange rate to buy games from HB. But SBI charged markup fee on top off that. Is this illegal? Paypal charged my card in INR because I used Paypal's exchange rate but SBI added markup fee on that basically I got double charged from paypal as well as SBI. Anyone help me with this

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have another problem with paypal and Sbi CC. I used Paypal's exchange rate to buy games from HB. But SBI charged markup fee on top off that. Is this illegal? Paypal charged my card in INR because I used Paypal's exchange rate but SBI added markup fee on that basically I got double charged from paypal as well as SBI. Anyone help me with this
This is fine,exchange rate shown by paypal is for their own site. It doesn't matter whether you pay the amount in rupees or $, the transaction is international in nature for which all banks charge forex currency charge(usually 3.5% but 3% in case of sbi debit card). Had you paid in $ then final amount in rupees would have been a few rupees cheaper because of usage of sbi currency conversion rate instead of paypal currency conversion rate but that's it.

P.S. all cards charge you in INR only,amount shown as rupee or $ is just for your reference & amount paid by your bank is always in foregn currency for international transaction. If this was not so then any bank's card would work with international paypal transactions after paypal show you the converted amount in rupees.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
View attachment 18954
Raise a concern via their online support ticket system after shutdown is over.

Not on TDF but I have seen comments on dedidime forum & as per those this card charges are the lowest among all cards & definitely no 3.5% forex charge(there will be some other charges like gst etc but all those still will be very small).
As per SBI's cs reply on email those are PayPal's charges.
Please pm that link.

Exactly my concern. As per SBI's cs those are PayPal's charges.

This is fine,exchange rate shown by paypal is for their own site. It doesn't matter whether you pay the amount in rupees or $, the transaction is international in nature for which all banks charge forex currency charge(usually 3.5% but 3% in case of sbi debit card). Had you paid in $ then final amount in rupees would have been a few rupees cheaper because of usage of sbi currency conversion rate instead of paypal currency conversion rate but that's it.
P.S. all cards charge you in INR only,amount shown as rupee or $ is just for your reference & amount paid by your bank is always in foregn currency for international transaction. If this was not so then any bank's card would work with international paypal transactions after paypal show you the converted amount in rupees.
Which sarkari and pvt bank's card doesn't work on their site for payments?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which sarkari and pvt bank's card doesn't work on their site for payments?
Just a few months back domestic rupay cards didn't even work with paypal domestic transactions on sites like niki. You can try donating $1 using any psu bank(except sbi) debit card to mozilla foundation to see yourself. All those cards will work for domestic paypal transactions but not on international paypal transactions.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just a few months back domestic rupay cards didn't even work with paypal domestic transactions on sites like niki. You can try donating $1 using any psu bank(except sbi) debit card to mozilla foundation to see yourself. All those cards will work for domestic paypal transactions but not on international paypal transactions.
Yaar yeh rupay card jo leta hai use Paypal ka pta bhi nahi hoga.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yaar yeh rupay card jo leta hai use Paypal ka pta bhi nahi hoga.
Bhai desidime check kiya karo,abhi shutdown sey 1-2 week pehle paypal kaa rupay card pur bookmyshow 100% upto 500 cashback kaa offer aaya thaa aur logon ne hazaaron kay bookmyshow gift voucher le liye 1-2 din mein,phir paypal waalon ne block kar diya ye offer.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Bhai desidime check kiya karo,abhi shutdown sey 1-2 week pehle paypal kaa rupay card pur bookmyshow 100% upto 500 cashback kaa offer aaya thaa aur logon ne hazaaron kay bookmyshow gift voucher le liye 1-2 din mein,phir paypal waalon ne block kar diya ye offer.
Filme dekhne ka time nahi bro :p

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Filme dekhne ka time nahi bro :p
Desidime par log gift voucher use karne kay liye nahi sell karke kay liye lete hain. BMS voucher market crashed after this paypal loot deal & saw people offering upto 50% discount but then shutdown happened & people are now contacting BMS to extend their GV expiry date.:)

billubakra

Conversation Architect
They are not even admitting that it is charged by them and are telling to ask the government for the IGST refund lol. Mahachor PayPal

Please be informed, the two said payments are not related to PayPal, as one of them was made directly to a merchant outside of PayPal, and the second one is an Indian tax IGST. Hence we encourage you to contact your bank to open a chargeback on the first transaction and his local government office to get clarification on the second transaction. The team has sent an email to you with a detailed information on the same.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are not even admitting that it is charged by them and are telling to ask the government for the IGST refund lol. Mahachor PayPal

Please be informed, the two said payments are not related to PayPal, as one of them was made directly to a merchant outside of PayPal, and the second one is an Indian tax IGST. Hence we encourage you to contact your bank to open a chargeback on the first transaction and his local government office to get clarification on the second transaction. The team has sent an email to you with a detailed information on the same.
As I suspected, this paypal transaction is not your usual paypal transaction. Can you PM me the seller site so I can take a look?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
As I suspected, this paypal transaction is not your usual paypal transaction. Can you PM me the seller site so I can take a look?
No, payment was made directly to the seller. The seller also shared his screenshot where he got $97 and he will be charged 3% by PayPal for the same.
What do you mean by usual PayPal transaction? On the statement it says DCC Markup fee and IGST including cess.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, payment was made directly to the seller. The seller also shared his screenshot where he got $97 and he will be charged 3% by PayPal for the same.
What do you mean by usual PayPal transaction? On the statement it says DCC Markup fee and IGST including cess.
Definitely not the usual paypal payment method in which you click on "pay by paypal/similar" button & then you will get a paypal invoice page with pay button clicking on which your paypal acc login screen comes up. I am guessing this is direct paypal send money transaction which is different from usual method as mentioned above & that's why this extra 750(assuming this 750 same as igst+cess or does this 750 appears differently). Btw gst is there on all paypal charges & I have also paid the same but for me it is very less as it is just 18% of their 2-3% of total transaction charges.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Definitely not the usual paypal payment method in which you click on "pay by paypal/similar" button & then you will get a paypal invoice page with pay button clicking on which your paypal acc login screen comes up. I am guessing this is direct paypal send money transaction which is different from usual method as mentioned above & that's why this extra 750(assuming this 750 same as igst+cess or does this 750 appears differently). Btw gst is there on all paypal charges & I have also paid the same but for me it is very less as it is just 18% of their 2-3% of total transaction charges.
They are not even admitting that it is the 2-3% of total transaction charges.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are not even admitting that it is the 2-3% of total transaction charges.
You said "Please be informed, the two said payments are not related to PayPal, as one of them was made directly to a merchant outside of PayPal, ". This "directly" & "merchant outside of paypal" is what is unusual in this case & the reason for all these extra charges.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You said "Please be informed, the two said payments are not related to PayPal, as one of them was made directly to a merchant outside of PayPal, ". This "directly" & "merchant outside of paypal" is what is unusual in this case & the reason for all these extra charges.
I didn't say it, they wrote it in the mail. Anyways PayPal has zero customer centricity and they suck.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't say it, they wrote it in the mail. Anyways PayPal has zero customer centricity and they suck.
But I never experienced or seen anyone saying such things, in short unless the seller's website itself has a paypal button clicking on which generates a paypal invoice I think anything else is unusual paypal payment with extra/hidden charges.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
But I never experienced or seen anyone saying such things, in short unless the seller's website itself has a paypal button clicking on which generates a paypal invoice I think anything else is unusual paypal payment with extra/hidden charges.
SBI has given in writing that it's paypal's charges and not any payment.

Top Bottom