1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

HowTO: Save some money when using Paypal

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by cute.bandar, Mar 25, 2019.

1. cute.bandar

cute.bandar Active Member

When paying with paypal to some foreign merchant, choose the option to "pay in USD" and not the default option. Look for something like "View conversion option"

Ex: Paid 10$ for hosting via paypal. Paypal Calculated amount to Rs . 712 . I chose the pay in USD option. Paid 10$ , which in the bank records show as Rs. 690 .

Why this works ?
    Paypal is evil. They don't use the actual currency exchange rate. They use their own inflated rate. When choosing the pay in USD/EUR option, the bank does the currency conversion at actual rates..

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    TheSloth likes this.
  2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of this "change currency for payment option"? I never noticed this option when paying via a paypal issued receipt.

3. OP
    OP
    cute.bandar

cute.bandar Active Member

When paying with paypal on a site > login to paypal > "view conversion options"
    [​IMG]

Next, choose the USD option. I have noticed paypal moved the option position in the past.

4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

So that's what this "view conversion options" link is for,I always thought it was some kind of calculator tool.:facepalm: