How's LG Dynamite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
A friend of mine is planning to get one of the LG Dynamite phones?? any feedback concerning them?? how are they, how do they perform, are they reliable etc.?? camera quality, music quality, screen quality? any suggestion / feedback would be appreciated.

also, is there any other phone in the same price range she would be better off with? priorities are camera, music and texting.....

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I had an LG KG300 Dynamite for last 3 months and it was a nice phone. Now, I sold it and bought an N73. This was my review which I posted in gsmarena.com

This phone is amazing with a competitive price tag. The display is excellent and very bright like a 5700(it has 16M colors). The resolution of 240x320 on a 1.9" screen along with 262k colors makes even the minute details very clear. Watching movies is cool.

Plus points:

1. 262k colors
2. 2 megapixel camera
3. 240x320 resolution.
4. Keypad navigation is easy.
5. Can be used as a mass storage device(pen drive).
6. Video playback is smooth. It supports landscape fullscreen mode, which I wanted.
Moreover video can be fast forwarded at 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x speeds.
7. Video caller id.
8. Video screen savers. This is a new feature which I have seen in only few phones till now(like nokia 3110c). The way videos appear on the screen when kept idle looks fabulous.
9. Memory card doesn't slow it up even a little bit.
10. Music Player is ok with multitasking.
11. Capable of recording videos in both 3gp and mp4 format.
12. FM radio with unlimited FM recording.
13. Micro sd card compatible(hot swappable).
14. Service Light.The blue light looks classy.
15. Sound quality comparable to a Sony ericsson. It handles the highs well; but the lows are not audible sometimes.
16. Menu navigation is fast.

There are more, which you can explore for yourself.
Now the cons:

1. No flash.
2. For the pictures to be good, they should be shot in extreme lighting conditions. Looks blurry in low light.(Doesn't actually look to be shot from a 2 MP camera). But if you know a bit of photoshop, then that won't be a problem. They can be fixed easily.
3. Bluetooth transfer is little bit slow. Version is 1.2 and doesn't have A2DP. Means, you can't use a stereo bluetooth headset.
4. Photo browsing is very very slow. But this is only for very huge images like 1600x1200. for images in the resolution of 800x600, its ok.
5. Mp3 sounds very low. If you want to keep an mp3 as a ringtone, then you have to use some audio editors to increase the volume.
6. Audio Player doesn't support multiple playlists.
7. Camera has no autofocus. But you can't find another one which has got autofocus at this price tag, except K750.
8. Body is not scratch resistant and is extremely smooth and glassy that it got slipped out of my hand many times.
9. Vibrator is not upto the mark. A nokia set shakes wildly in the pocket when a call comes. But this one makes a silent hum, which sometimes creates a tickling situation.
10. Earphone is not good. Sound quality is below average.
11. Memory expandable to 1 GB only. Not enough for me.
12. Audio player doesn't support user equalizers. Only some preset ones are available like bass, rock, jazz, etc..
13. Battery backup is very very low. The big screen eats up the battery quickly. If you fiddle with the multimedia features like watching up movies or playing games, then the battery will drain in 3-4 hours.
14. Java apps runs very slow.

You can compensate this by reducing the brightness to 2 or 3. But still then it gives only 1.5-2 days standby and 4-5 hours talktime.
Seeing all the pros and cons, I still like this phone very much. Because of the very low price tag, Excellent super display and 2 MP camera and sound.

This phone has got excellent reviews everywhere. Now its price tag is 6.5k, I think. If you are not a SE or nokia fan, then this set won't disappoint you.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It's a decent phone to buy.
Also it has FM recording which no other phone supports.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Dunno much about this but E250 is another phone you can look at in that range. It now comes with a 2GB card too, I believe.

praka123

left this forum longback
times are now that even Intex sells mobile phones! :lol:
well,the specs are not that bad!
Camera Type 1.3 Mega Pixels (SE) Video & Still Camera
Zoom 5 X digital Zoom (+VE, -VE Zoom)
Video Format support MPG4/3GP/H.263 Support
Video Motion Play Video in Slow Motion/Normal/FF Mode
Scence Mode Auto Scence Mode
Video Effect Shoot Picture in 14 Different Effect
Picture Frames 10 Different Picture Frames
Photo Editor Photo Artist with lots of Photo Editing Features
Web Camera Can be used as USB PC Web Camera
MP3 Player Available with play back function
Bluetooth® Available
WAP2.0 Available
USB Port Connectivity Available
GPRS Class 12 Available
*www.intextechnologies.com/mobilepro1.aspx?cat=Mobile%20Phones&sub=Phones&pro=Aura%20I%20-%201224%20Gold
*www.intextechnologies.com/mobile-phones.aspx

OP
xbonez

xbonez

NP : Crysis
in contrast, the dynamites have a 1.3MP and 2MP cameras, right? what're the current market prices of the two dynamites?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
KG 300 is 6500. I checked last week. Kg200 might be 4500-5000. Go for the higher one, i.e KG300, because, KG 200 has 1.2 MP cam and has no bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom