Hows deloitte consultancy?

rajan1311

Padawan
Hi guys, I have got placed in Deloitte consultancy, is it a good place to work at? Package offered aint that great, its Rs4.63 LPA, I also have samsung, package is 5.5Lacs LPA, but ppl tell me samsung is not good....please let me know of your experiences... thanks :)

PS: I am a fresher...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Can you provide more details on why Deloitte is a good company to work at ? maybe list their perks or something ?

You should make it clear that you're also asking this question for yourself for better attention ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you provide more details on why Deloitte is a good company to work at ? maybe list their perks or something ?

Basically an European consultancy which comes in the Big 4. If you can start your career in a firm of this caliber vs. a Indianized Korean company, it would be better. I am assuming he will get better learning and professional development at a place like Deloitte. People "kill" to get into Deloitte, not for Samsung. The peer/colleagues he works with will be more professional and global. Samsung India will be the usual "sarkari" idiotic morons with their ego up their collars -- expecting nepotism and the usual bureaucratic charm which India is famous for. Companies like HCL and TCS fall in this bucket too, places I would never work in.

I rejected a Samsung offer -- since the whole process of interview, making me wait, asking dumb a$$ary questions, pi$$ed me off.

OP
R

rajan1311

Padawan
thanks guys...

@asingh : Its in big 4 of the finance world, but does that matter here too?

Btw, deloitte is offering onsite training for 3 months with a 1 year bond attached....

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Hey rajan, have you done SAP course? If yes which module? Technical or Functional? Currently I'm undergoing SAP-ABAP training so can I apply at Deloitte?
Sorry can't hide my curiosity:)..

OP
R

rajan1311

Padawan
nop.....not done any course mate....and yea, you can apply for it....they have been recruiting heavily...

which college you in? they will be visiting some 50 colleges in india....find out if urs is one of them..?

OP
R

rajan1311

Padawan
nono....that is next year...but i have pretty much planned to drop all other offers and go for it...will try only Intel now...

I know this because there is a FB group which has almost all the Deloitte freshers who will join in 2012..

ssb1551

Technomancer
nop.....not done any course mate....and yea, you can apply for it....they have been recruiting heavily...

which college you in? they will be visiting some 50 colleges in india....find out if urs is one of them..?

Dude I passed my engg in May '10 so not in any college bro. Can't I apply if I aint in college?

OP
R

rajan1311

Padawan
Dude I passed my engg in May '10 so not in any college bro. Can't I apply if I aint in college?

not sure bro... i can try to get you the HR contact, where are you from? They will have off campus drives only after they finish campus recruitment...see if you can get a reference?

where you working currently?

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^I'm from Bhubaneswar, Orissa. I don't think I can get a reference.
Still looking for jobs buddy but currently undergoing training in ABAP. Another 2/3 weeks for ABAP. Just recently we got done with SAP Scripts so only left with Smart Forms, Module Pool Programming & ALE-IDOCS.

bond_bhai

Broken In
You also need to think about what you are interested in - Mobile Development/Embedded etc or the usual s/w development like Java/.Net/Datawarehousing etc.
Samsung usually gets into the first category, Deloitte into the second. If you are into a Banking related project, work might get mundane after a while (Usually they call it BAU projects - Business as Usual meaning Enhancements/Bug fixing etc). I am not saying it will be just that, you might get interesting projects as well.
Also, Usually if you are into mobile related/Embedded jobs etc, the pay packet might be more compared to the others. Just my opinion. Research before you decide on either of them. Check with your seniors in Deloitte for the kind of projects you might get into.

Top Bottom