How to use 1600MHz RAM on MSI 890GXM-G65 Motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feedback

Right off the assembly line
hey friends I have a question.

MSI 890GXM-G65 specifications say DDR3 Memory - DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*/1800*/2133*(OC)

and RAM i bought has 1600MHz frequency. Now what does * means in specs and will I be able to use the RAM chips right away or I'll have to tweak something ?

mac555

Broken In
u have to go into bios and tweak ram settings.....most high performance rams speeds are achieved by tweaking....for help on tweaking u can refer to google...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
hey friends I have a question.

MSI 890GXM-G65 specifications say DDR3 Memory - DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*/1800*/2133*(OC)

and RAM i bought has 1600MHz frequency. Now what does * means in specs and will I be able to use the RAM chips right away or I'll have to tweak something ?

Depends on the RAM. If it is out-of-the-box 1600Mhz, or EPP 1600Mhz.

rajan1311

Padawan
Depends on the RAM. If it is out-of-the-box 1600Mhz, or EPP 1600Mhz.

yep.....but it also depends on the chipset and BIOS too....in a way, it will run at 1600MHz out of the box when you are lucky, else you need to OC it manually ...no biggie..

OP
F

Feedback

haha yeah only if i was techie instead of a doc i would have been able to do it. called tech guy, and he'll look into it . .hoping everything will go fine. .will keep u guys informed :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's simple, u have to RUN THE RAM at XMP settings, the option is available int he BIOS. Then the RAM will run at 1600MHz..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
haha yeah only if i was techie instead of a doc i would have been able to do it. called tech guy, and he'll look into it . .hoping everything will go fine. .will keep u guys informed :)

tech guy? from the name i having feeling he one of FAMOUS PC EXPERtS. all the best.

OP
F

Feedback

tech guy? from the name i having feeling he one of FAMOUS PC EXPERtS. all the best.

hahaha good sense of humor, for me though he is best no doubt lol..but you guys rock too. everything has been fixed and pc is rocking the house now hehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom