How to Uninstall Windows VISTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumars

Broken In
I have installed windows VISTA RC1 on the other partition of my hard drive.. I dont know how to uninstall it keeping other data on that drive intact and also the option of selecting the OS during startup should not be shown?

Third Eye

gooby pls
kumars said:
I have installed windows VISTA RC1 on the other partition of my hard drive.. I dont know how to uninstall it keeping other data on that drive intact and also the option of selecting the OS during startup should not be shown?

*www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11004.html

47shailesh

Security Exp
yeah take the backup and format the drive..

Incase having fear of loosing ur boot loader then pre to formatting search this forum to fix boot loader and then start with formating. :)

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Assuming that you have installed it on a seperate partition.
Copy all your data to another drive.
Boot into XP and format the drive.

Reboot to check.

You are done!

T

thunderbird.117

Next time OS should have "remove the OS" button for people who wants to remove the OS :D.

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
I agree to all ur suggestions.. but if i do it by formatting the drive, i will still have a screen showing the option to choose between Earlier version of Windows and Windows Vista.. Which i dont want..

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
in xp goto start/run type msconfig . in th boot.ini tab del vista entry . take a bckup of ur files from vista part and format it. if does not work or damages ur comp. do not curse me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom