How to Stop Youtube Video Autoplay And Loading at 00:00 Chrome

HackerX

Broken In
Hi,
I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.
Unfortunately I got no BB Net except 3G mobile net for my PC.
Tried many extension but failed to stop loading youtube video.
I got very limited data(1GB each day).
So,please help me on above issue.
Many times I need to watch post or write but don't want to load video due to very limited bandwidth.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to Disable YouTube Video Autoplay [Quicktip]
on Chrome browser, type chrome://chrome/settings/content in the address bar and enter. After the settings page appear, scroll down and look for the Plug-ins section, and change the option to Click to Play.
With all this set in Opera and Chrome, whenever you open a new video on Youtube, it will not load nor will it play, until you click the big button on the video screen.

OP
HackerX

HackerX

Broken In
New chrome(Version 61.0.3163.100) has no Plug-ins section, and change the option to Click to Play.
Only java script,flash,unsandbox plugin etc. but youtube runs on HTML5.
And blocking flash or java script did not worked for me.

OP
HackerX

HackerX

Broken In
So any javascript blocker will do the job only have to change the setting ?
Tried with ScriptBlock already but did not work.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If you block javascript, it will block all auto actions on the webpage. The webpage will stay as it was loaded without any auto elements. But, it will also stop alerts, like we have in this forum.

OP
HackerX

HackerX

Broken In
Sorry, I'm kinda noob.
Tried to ad website name(youtube.com) at javascript blocker but its blocking almost whole page.
I don't know how to do it properly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to block/disable all videos from automatically loading in Chrome?
How about HTML Content Blocker, it is different than HTML 5 Autoplay. [HTML Content Blocker]
In conjunction with your current Flash blocking it should solve your problem.
there is also a flash blocker extension:Flashcontrol]

So far, so good. Using this set to block "Media" and "Object", several videos that got through Adblock Plus have been successfully blocked completely by this, no wasted data. Not yet encountered any videos that sneaked through the net

I've tried it, and there are only five options: which kind of content to block. With the 'media' option selected, it prevents auto-loading and auto-playing of video. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow manual playing. So if you want to watch a video, you have to go to the extension and deselect 'media'.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is supposed to block videos on selecting media & of course youtube home page is full of videos but still you should get a page with some content & not a blank page.You can always copy the url of video you want to watch & open it in a new tab after closing the youtube page & deselecting "media" or open it in another browser.

OP
HackerX

HackerX

Broken In
Blank.jpg *imgur.com/nuuNm2O

Disabled every extensions except HTML Content Blocker.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the problem then?HTML Content Blocker is working correctly blocking HTML5 media resulting in youtube error.This same error is reported by older browsers without HTML5 support.You have to deselect the media option & reload the page to view video.

Top Bottom