how to remove scratch mark from my lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

er.darshan

Broken In
Hi guys
can somebody tell me how can i remove a scratch mark from my lappy (Dell inspiron 6000). it is with artic silver coating....i m in pune, it wd b great if anyone suggest the shop & price for any solution.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well buddy people here will definitely help if they can. instead of giving absurd answers its better to keep mum. don't fret over it!

since you tell us that its a Dell lappy...why don't you take it there and ask them?? wouldn't that be the best option???

people here can help you in installing OSes, finding the exact faults in ur hardware...optimising ur system..so on and so forth! but wot can anyone do about the scratches on ur lappy??

it wud be best to take it to service center! tho i don't think they can do anything about it!!! best bet wud be to just stick some stickers over it!

and one advice don't go on painting the stuff!! (coz i've seen some ghetto sites giving articles on how to paint ur lappy!) just one mistake and ur lappy will be trash!

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
how can ppl scratch laptops?? is it mobile fones to put in pocket along with keys??

prash007

Journeyman
Its better u taking it to the service centre rather than u trying something else...
They of course are gonna do the same...but in a professional way. So, its better they do it.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Firstly, please be clear where the scratch is. If it is a scratch on the body then let it be. If it is an LCD scratch, then it's more serious. Now Ive been out of the loop a little bit, but does Dell even have service centers outside of Bangalore? I mean I know they provide on-site service but then they charge you a bomb for it. And unless he wants to come down all the way from Pune to Bangalore for a scratch - then well he is out of luck.

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
well buddy people here will definitely help if they can. instead of giving absurd answers its better to keep mum. don't fret over it!

since you tell us that its a Dell lappy...why don't you take it there and ask them?? wouldn't that be the best option???

people here can help you in installing OSes, finding the exact faults in ur hardware...optimising ur system..so on and so forth! but wot can anyone do about the scratches on ur lappy??

it wud be best to take it to service center! tho i don't think they can do anything about it!!! best bet wud be to just stick some stickers over it!

and one advice don't go on painting the stuff!! (coz i've seen some ghetto sites giving articles on how to paint ur lappy!) just one mistake and ur lappy will be trash!

If you think that it was an absurd reply from my side, which it wasnt, how it attracted replies...only after 2nd post...becoz some ppl, like u, search this kind of post to show there immaturity(ur avataar says it all)...OK

I m not sure abt you , but there are many guys who have allround knowledge other than system installers, n i was expecting reply from them only....

yaa DELL ppl ll be in best position but they will charge like anything...

thanx for ur suggestion, but this scratch is small & i dont wanna screw my laptop with stickers...
OK

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Nemesis said:
Firstly, please be clear where the scratch is. If it is a scratch on the body then let it be. If it is an LCD scratch, then it's more serious. Now Ive been out of the loop a little bit, but does Dell even have service centers outside of Bangalore? I mean I know they provide on-site service but then they charge you a bomb for it. And unless he wants to come down all the way from Pune to Bangalore for a scratch - then well he is out of luck.

This was my mistake that i didnt give deatails.....
actually it is a small scratch near touchpad...but i love my lappy & i cant see it scratched.... :oops:
Dell ppl will charge high & that is my last option & before going to them i wanted to make sure that any cheaper sol'n is not there...
thanx

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey dude, no offence intended but that post didn't haf anything against you! all i wanted to say that if people could help then they'd haf done it in first hand! temme if you haf got a proper solution to ur problem. i mean other than telling that u take it to service center did u find a solution?

since its a scratch and not some mark which can be cleaned wid some solution, you can't to anything about it. thats why i suggested you to stick some sticker (i'm not saying stick mickey mouse or swat kats stickers!)..print ur own stickers wid Linux/windows, amd/intel etc logos and stick it there. i even suggested you to take it to the service center. wot more can anyone do sitting here?

you hafta be patient! i mean you just can't demand a reply from the forum members. there are many many instances wherein my queries were never answered..i'm still waiting for the answers. if ppl don't help you can do nothing. read carefully, i never said ur post was absurd. i said instead of replying wid something which is not gonna help u, ppl prefer not to reply!

oh btw, mebbe i'm immature. but i'm here to learn, to rectify my mistakes..thanks for pointing it out (again no pun intended neither any offence intended!) hope you find a solution to ur problem!

cheers!

ps: don't judge a book by its cover..err..i mean avataar!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom