how to pull the product key from my Microsoft Windows CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Someone has repu me with comment Silly & Illogical for my post on this thread.
Thx for repu ;) but will u plz tell me, who r u?

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
so i am in mess i guess again .. i mean i get threats in form of talking illegal over here ... anyhow i continue to fight for my right .. the right to information .. RTI sure stands out here .. so i am with this cd (discarded ) but the real fun is that the cd is not of any supporting company like dell/compaq/wipro etc its just the real glemaing windows xp i mean the stuff u get when u pour in u hard earn money to the software vendor and walk back home with a cd which is more pricey that the gift u gifted to ur gf last valentine's day

i am still hope ful that some one will help me in any form i mean u can leave msg to me or u can simply scrap on ...

intersting is the fact that i am getting so many reponce but the saddest part is only one solution is listed ..

i hope that u people can do much better after all impossible is nothing in this world of 0 and 1

Be in touch

ECE0105

In the zone
spironox said:
so i am in mess i guess again .. i mean i get threats in form of talking illegal over here ... anyhow i continue to fight for my right .. the right to information .. RTI sure stands out here .. so i am with this cd (discarded ) but the real fun is that the cd is not of any supporting company like dell/compaq/wipro etc its just the real glemaing windows xp i mean the stuff u get when u pour in u hard earn money to the software vendor and walk back home with a cd which is more pricey that the gift u gifted to ur gf last valentine's day

i am still hope ful that some one will help me in any form i mean u can leave msg to me or u can simply scrap on ...

intersting is the fact that i am getting so many reponce but the saddest part is only one solution is listed ..

i hope that u people can do much better after all impossible is nothing in this world of 0 and 1

Be in touch

That is another example that "Piracy Rocks" !!!!

Anyways, have you tried doing a google search about this? Cos, this forum has a lot of Hypocrites (Or Very Rich People) who only install Genuine Software... Be it an A-V costing around Rs. 1200/- or a Vista Ultimate, that costs 20k.

I thought that there was no way to get the Serial, but since someone says that it can be done. Go ahead and do it..... As long as u have paid good money to buy the software, I don't see any reasons as to why people have objections wat u wanna do with it....

All the Best in your quest for achieving it...

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
thanks for your support my friend ... yeah i agree with the fact that there are many who run around with a flag of antipiracy but as reality is quite bitter for them.... they dont accept

ECE0105

In the zone
Hey dude... I have asked this question in another place... Lets see if we get a better response there... I will let u know once I get a satisfactory answer....

DukeNukem

Come get Some
have a hammer and hide it
then put the cd on floor
then show the hammer to the CD and ask for the key in it and tell him/her that you'll kill it if he/she does not. (unfortunately you might end up killing the CD/DvD lol )

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
If xp is installed on ur PC already, their is a tool that can display u ur product key, I got it (its a freeware) from the net. I will search for it and post it.

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
i wholeheartly thank all those people who responded to my question and helped me in one way or another and i wish to give out best wishes to all for supporting me all the times thanks indeed my friends

this is an interesting situation..first of all whoever said that its piracy needs to prove it..its nt the case that he is trying to use a pirated CD..I say that he hit a kind of jackpot..Its a situation in which u r walking down a road,and u get a Vista Ultimate DVD fallen somewhere..now u take it and try to install...is it pricay?I dnt think so...
However there are tools which can retrieve the key once u have installed the OS.but in this case we r trying to retrieve a key from a CD before installing..it'll be really informative if someone cud find a solution..And Mind it..
its not piracy..even u can fall in a situation where u misplace the cover of ur cd and dont remember the product key..now can u say that u r pirating.
And even I suspect how many of us really use legal softwares everytime( many of us claim they use) :D :D :D
as of now I m using legal Vista RC2...I got 5 different keys for free from Microsoft so that I dnt run out of the serials for a while..

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
alok4best said:
this is an interesting situation..first of all whoever said that its piracy needs to prove it..its nt the case that he is trying to use a pirated CD..I say that he hit a kind of jackpot..Its a situation in which u r walking down a road,and u get a Vista Ultimate DVD fallen somewhere..now u take it and try to install...is it pricay?I dnt think so...
However there are tools which can retrieve the key once u have installed the OS.but in this case we r trying to retrieve a key from a CD before installing..it'll be really informative if someone cud find a solution..And Mind it..
its not piracy..even u can fall in a situation where u misplace the cover of ur cd and dont remember the product key..now can u say that u r pirating.
And even I suspect how many of us really use legal softwares everytime( many of us claim they use) :D :D :D
as of now I m using legal Vista RC2...I got 5 different keys for free from Microsoft so that I dnt run out of the serials for a while..

dear friend i surely agree with you in the matter as i wonder if there is any tool anywhere which could help me or the people having similar conditions to resolve their problem ..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
FYI the windows setup disks or any other program having serial key protection does not contain the keys in it. It only contains the algorithm to verify that the key is issued by the company.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
you cannot get the product key anyway unless u can reverse engg the verification algo. and i am pretty sure that these algos are reverse engg proof

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Rollercoaster said:
you cannot get the product key anyway unless u can reverse engg the verification algo. and i am pretty sure that these algos are reverse engg proof

agree with u Rollercoaster...I wonder what does any company do when the user has lost his product key...I think they will only help when the user has registered with the company...Same thing had happened to me with Tally..I had lost the key & those fellows gave it to me:) after a full detailed verification ofcourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom