How to pay for WhatsApp subscription in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Hey folks!

I've been using WhatsApp for about an year and my subscription is about to end in a month.

First of all let me tell you that I don't want to change the number.

I have tried paying for the subscription. Here is what happens:

With Google wallet (integrated with Google play) - It has 2 payment methods, one of them is to redeem cash which i dont have. Another is to add credit or debit card. When I try to add my debit card, it says information provided is incorrect. A few research show it requires international debit card. Additionally I don't have any credit card.

Payment URL - This at final stage, ends at PayPal. Which my debit card also can't add money to. Same problem.

What can I do for this? Anyone facing the same problem? And don't want to change number?

At least there should have been any way to it. Any third party payment gateway?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You have two options:
1. Ask someone to pay for you (this is a newly implemented feature)
2. Try to uninstall and then reinstall the app (make sure you backup your whats app convo, which it does by default at 4 am daily).

OR, you can just try to get rid of it. No real "productive" use anyway. :p

In India, Facebook will really not let user leave the app by 'not able to pay for it' reason. So it grants you grace period of months time and again. Been using this app for years without needing to pay for it.

androidfreak

Broken In
It will be extended automatically. No need to pay. Whatsapp will remain free in India, period.

WhatsApp will be free for life in India | Deccan Chronicle

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
OR, you can just try to get rid of it. No real "productive" use anyway. :p

Well said Vyom! When teens get hurt, WhatsApp is the first victim. :p

Me too don't use it much! There are just a few contacts for whom I still keep it activated. Other than that when I get hurt, I do the same.

tkin

Back to school!!
They will not let you leave that easy, they will extend subscription when it runs out. Your personal data and contacts list is worth a lot more than measly 50/- per year.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Now thats a view - when teens get hurt whatsapp is the first victim. lol time!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hey folks!

I've been using WhatsApp for about an year and my subscription is about to end in a month.

First of all let me tell you that I don't want to change the number.

I have tried paying for the subscription. Here is what happens:

With Google wallet (integrated with Google play) - It has 2 payment methods, one of them is to redeem cash which i dont have. Another is to add credit or debit card. When I try to add my debit card, it says information provided is incorrect. A few research show it requires international debit card. Additionally I don't have any credit card.

Payment URL - This at final stage, ends at PayPal. Which my debit card also can't add money to. Same problem.

What can I do for this? Anyone facing the same problem? And don't want to change number?

At least there should have been any way to it. Any third party payment gateway?

Naa you'll get it auto extended for free. It's free for users in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom