How to override the screenshot restrictions on Android apps?

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
I have a rooted SM-J701F running Android 8.1. Is there any way I can take screenshots for apps (e.g. Magzter) whose security policy restricts them?

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
I have a rooted SM-J701F running Android 8.1 and I want to take screenshots of apps like Magzter that have restrictive security policies that won't let me. Is there a workaround for this?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Without custom rom I doubt that its possible. There was an app at xda that bypassed few of the apps's restrictions of taking screenshots, let me see if I am able to find the link for you.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have a rooted SM-J701F running Android 8.1 and I want to take screenshots of apps like Magzter that have restrictive security policies that won't let me. Is there a workaround for this?
I don't think that'd be possible. Magzter is a magazine app and they definitely won't want people to share very high resolution screenshots of magazines from it.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
a. Stream your Android screen to a pc and take screenshots as you wish
b. "Banking apps and such tend to use FLAG_SECURE for safety reasons, so that the screen can not be captured or recorded. But there's an Xposed module which disables FLAG_SECURE system-wide and lets you take screenshots in apps that normally don't allow it. Naturally this requires root access in your device. Use this module with caution, though: as I said, it disables the flag system-wide."

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
a. Stream your Android screen to a pc and take screenshots as you wish
b. "Banking apps and such tend to use FLAG_SECURE for safety reasons, so that the screen can not be captured or recorded. But there's an Xposed module which disables FLAG_SECURE system-wide and lets you take screenshots in apps that normally don't allow it. Naturally this requires root access in your device. Use this module with caution, though: as I said, it disables the flag system-wide."
I wish I could use the Xposed module, but Xposed breaks Safetynet in my phone and prevents me to use apps like GooglePay.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
This does not work inside google chrome mobile incognito mode tabs(non-rooted Android M),screen will show as blank black background.

Which websites are you opening in incognito mode? Sunny leone vo kam chod chuki hai ;)
Is it working for normal mode? Which app are you using to stream it? Use sidesync, airdroid+samsung browser

I wish I could use the Xposed module, but Xposed breaks Safetynet in my phone and prevents me to use apps like GooglePay.

Xposed modules are very advanced and are regularly updated. If you are using the right module then leave skynet, no payment app will stop working.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which webaites are you opening in incognito mode? Sunny leone vo kam chod chuki hai ;)
Is it working for normal mode? Which app are you using to stream it? Use sidesync, airdroid+samsung browser
:lol: I open all banking sites in incognito mode only.Normal tabs work fine,I tried almost all top rated streaming apps but none worked,google has put some OS level security lock in latest chrome mobile versions to prevent any app from taking screenshots inside incognito mode tabs.

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
Xposed modules are very advanced and are regularly updated. If you are using the right module then leave skynet, no payment app will stop working.

This is what I've gathered from my experience:
Google Pay and many other apps don't run on Android phones if they detect rooting. You can prevent them from discovering a rooted phone by using systemless methods like Magisk, which doesn't trip Safetynet (Google's inbuilt security API). Installing Xposed does, however, and a lot of apps with restrictive policies refuse to work when they sense rooting.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
:lol: I open all banking sites in incognito mode only.Normal tabs work fine,I tried almost all top rated streaming apps but none worked,google has put some OS level security lock in latest chrome mobile versions to prevent any app from taking screenshots inside incognito mode tabs.
Try Samsung browser with the apps that I have mentioned and see if it works for normal mode. Working for me.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
This is what I've gathered from my experience:
Google Pay and many other apps don't run on Android phones if they detect rooting. You can prevent them from discovering a rooted phone by using systemless methods like Magisk, which doesn't trip Safetynet (Google's inbuilt security API). Installing Xposed does, however, and a lot of apps with restrictive policies refuse to work when they sense rooting.
Well there are apps/modules that turn off that "sense" but from personal point of view rooting only for this specific feature isn't worthy.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try Samsung browser with the apps that I have mentioned and see if it works for normal mode. Working for me.
My phone is not samsung & anyway this restriction is there in chrome incognito tabs only,most probably any other browser not based on chrome should be fine(even chrome earlier versions it was not an issue).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
My phone is not samsung & anyway this restriction is there in chrome incognito tabs only,most probably any other browser not based on chrome should be fine(even chrome earlier versions it was not an issue).
Samsung browser can be installed on any Android phone.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's the restriction chrome introduced from version 65+.

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
a. Banking apps and such tend to use FLAG_SECURE for safety reasons, so that the screen can not be captured or recorded. But there's an Xposed module which disables FLAG_SECURE system-wide and lets you take screenshots in apps that normally don't allow it. Naturally this requires root access in your device. Use this module with caution, though: as I said, it disables the flag system-wide."
This worked! I used the new EdXposed framework which doesn't trip safetynet to flash the module and now I'm able to take screenshots as I please.
Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom