How to make one dvd from multiple cds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helboy

Right off the assembly line
Hi there
calling all u writing gurus out there.i would like to know how to combine an install spread over a number cds into one dvd?for example the VS.net 2003 comes as a 3 cd install pack.will it work if i copy all of the files into one file and write it into a dvd?same goes for games too.anybody any ideas?

swatkat

Technomancer
Here's one solution:
*www.magiciso.com/FAQ/FAQ0001.htm

That may or may not work, as the installation depends on the installer stub. If the installer looks for subsequent CDs (even though data is there on the same DVD), then installation may fail.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Hi there
calling all u writing gurus out there.i would like to know how to combine an install spread over a number cds into one dvd?for example the VS.net 2003 comes as a 3 cd install pack.will it work if i copy all of the files into one file and write it into a dvd?same goes for games too.anybody any ideas?

Here is what I do:
If you own the original CDs, You can make backup images ( ISO images using Nero or any other software) and burn those images on DVD. Whenever you want to use them just mount them using Daemon Tools or Nero Image Drive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom