how to make invisible folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: how to make invisible folders(Source and further knowledge)

Do u want to know how did this work.Actually the number 0160 is the ASCII value of spacebar .Instead of 0160 u can also place 255.U can use ASCII keys any where even in icon .For e.g ± is a result of alt + 241 For further knowledge visit my this tutorial *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46951

Take a lokk at this also *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47365 If u have some queries u can ask

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok now all ya guys flying in da air, so tell me if someone has renamed a folder with a special character and you need to open it (for further scrutiny or just for checking what is he/she upto) how will you do it. There is a way to do it in under 5 secs. Now tell me how to do it. If anyone knows this I will surely rep him.

P.S. :- No older member is allowed to reply coz I had given this info out once. This is really good command and I'm not gonna give this one out so u guys only need to rack your brains.

If anyone is offended, am sorry but I dun wanna showoff k.

djmykey said:
Ok now all ya guys flying in da air, so tell me if someone has renamed a folder with a special character and you need to open it (for further scrutiny or just for checking what is he/she upto) how will you do it. There is a way to do it in under 5 secs. Now tell me how to do it. If anyone knows this I will surely rep him.

P.S. :- No older member is allowed to reply coz I had given this info out once. This is really good command and I'm not gonna give this one out so u guys only need to rack your brains.

Just select a folder press f2 to rename it now press the alt + any number .
This will make an ASCII key.for e.g alt +12 = ♀ ,etc alt + 9 =○

And abt old member my age is 14 and i became active from this jan
I hav also told a tutorial on this article

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46951

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok siddharth forgive me I wasnt clear out here. In any NT based systems the above renaming trick doesnt make the folder unaccessible. But in Win 98 it used to work like a charm, as in you culdnt rename it or do anything to it. Its properties would yield something wierd and it wouldnt open up too. So my question actually was if you are stuck in dos and u need to rename it, u have no tools to guess the character how wud u do it ? In XP anywayws the folder gets opened. Am sorry but I am kinda old school when it comes to windows so thats y I rely more on dos rather than Windows.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
He explained how to hide it, but did not explain how to get it back. Most of us will figure out easily, and this is old stuff, but for those who can't??

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
once the folder is hidden , how to use it ??? I mean how to unhide it to use it ???? also , how to hide folders in linux.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
~Phenom~ said:
once the folder is hidden , how to use it ??? I mean how to unhide it to use it ???? also , how to hide folders in linux.

buddy i don't know in linux.....
However try this-
Press CTRL+A
This will highlight all the files and fOlder..............

now u can notice than there will be a folder with no name........
double click on it......................

got the data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
djmykey said:

u cn jus rename it normally... ll work in xp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom