how to make CD images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayush456

Right off the assembly line
hi
can anyone tell me how i can make CD images which can be mounted on a image drive?
i have Nero 6 ultra edition suit.
please help me!
i would be higly oblidged.

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm
use the copy cd option
choose ur recorder as image drive first
this will save ur image to the HDD
ofcourse it'll be in NRG format

alternatviely u can get ultraISO and select ur cd drive ( yeah all of it ... the whole drive letter from the lower left pane ... after inserting ur cd ofcourse )
and drop it to the upper main pane
and click create image
then choose what image format u wanna save it as
and wait till its done :p

hikapil

Journeyman
Use Alchohol

Alchohol 120% is the best softawre for making and writing images.
Sometimes its helped me to copy some scratched CD's to my HDD.

Go for it. :idea:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*img163.exs.cx/img163/3050/superman9ox.gif
Make images with Alcohol 120... IT ROCKS

Esp. VideoCDs can b saved efficiently.. with min. bad sectors... also nice customized options

U can also make images with Nero... but i personally seldom use it.
Search in Nero's windows for "Image recorder" option & make image, as Spambot theraven said... simple.

AND BETTER USE NERO EXPRESS

Yoda

Journeyman
Use UltraISO. Its very easy to make.

Insert the CD then use the software to make the CD image and use can choose various options about how your image file be created.

zuhaib

Broken In
cd image

dude if u want to know about cd image through nero 6.0 :------
before clicking it will show the popdown destination as cd r/wr or as the cd image jst click over that and select the cd image provide the path to it

blacklight

Journeyman
be4 proceeding with what zuhaib has said,u shld install nero image drive.I guess nero 6 supports 2 image drives - cd and dvd .

once the image file is created,mounting is easy,right click on image file,select image drive.
voila! ur cd is loaded.U also hav an eject option to unmount the image.

Charley

Just Do It
Nero Image drive program is gud......

The Nero ImageDrive program creates an extra drive
letter in your Windows Explorer. It usually takes the very first drive letter after your hard drives and before any other CD-ROM or other removable drive.

Once installed, go to your control panel and launch the Nero ImageDrive program. Select a Nero/Nero Express data image file with the extension of NRG and it will mount this image file in your Windows Explorer under the extra drive letter.

Once mounted, you can treat this image as if it was a normal CD: You can read its data, copy data from it to your hard drive or launch a program from it.

vysakh

Padawan
in Alcohol 120% you can have 6 such virtual drives

in alcohol 120% go to file--options---virtual drive--number of virtual drives

to mount an image, open the image. It will appear in the main screen. Right click on it and select mount on device

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Open Nero burning ROM, select Recorder>Burn Image and select the ISO to burn and check the options and click Write. If you have associated .iso files to Nero, you can even double click the .iso file to directly open Nero and the Burn Image window.

parthbarot

In the zone
ya Alcohol 120% is the best thing to make images..
it also reads bad-scratched CDs & make images.

it supports...
ISO,IMG,CUE,BIN,VCD,CCD.

it makes...
CCD,ISO,CUE & its own MDF.

grt soft..small & sweet...

nero is bogus for imaging the CDs...though u can use its-----"copy tracks" button....& save image...

regards

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there..

i am using H+H software's Virtual CD 6.0 its simply awesome.... i guess good then even Nero image and Alcohol.. its more user frendly then alcohol.... u can find it at www.virtualcd-online.com

also one thin its no free... u can find its demo at its site.. worth a try...
i guess it was on feb digit also... am not sure...

Cheers..
Dipen

hack expert

In the zone
well nero n alcohol have always been the best but bbesides there are many other softwares like clone cd which are also good

hafees

In the zone
virtual CD compresses the CD. a 700 MB CD may be compressed to 400 MB image file. the problem is that u need Virtual CD software to open it unlike ISO. so if u want to make an image for burning then iso format is best. If u want to keep it for ur daily use then Virtual CD is good.

parthbarot

In the zone
@hafees..
r u sure that Virtual CD compresses this mush the CD 700 to 400??

if yes then thx for the information yaar...
& do keep any more sugestions of other good softies...

regards...

suj_engico

Broken In
I feel that u should try out CLONE CD . It's a nice software to work with.
Althogh I feel that Alcohol 120% does not support a few formats.
Nero is also good.

Gaurav

In the zone
Virtual Clone Drive is just for that. alternatively you can use clonecd to make cd images which can be mounted using the virtual clone drive. it's the best because it can handle almost any protected cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom