How to make Bootable FC7 DVD from digit july DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
Digit has supplied the FC7 with it's last month's DVD.Now the Digit dvd is dual layer and the DVDs available in kolkata market are all single layer(4.2GB).Is there
any way to extract only those FC7 installation on a 4.2GB DVD and make it Bootable? Please help.

praka123

left this forum longback
Isnt the dual layer dvd already a fedora bootable?
reg question.
try to manually collect the fedora folders and files.make an iso of it and make it bootable.<this things have not much idea.

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
@praka123: I think my previous question may have some ambiguity. See if the following clarifies it---

Yes, the digit DVD is already bootable but with a huge size of 8.4GB. So I cannot take the backup.I have to install it on 30 computers.I doubt whether the original DVD will sustain that pain. Plus it has to be kept for future reference.

Regarding the second approach--There is a folder called FC7 in that dvd.I have made an iso(actualy a nrg file with nero) with those files and burned them in a 4.2GB DVD. The product was not bootable.As I am a newbie to linux, a Little more explanation is needed(Like whether to include additional files from the DVD in the ISO).

It will be better if anyone who has seen the contents of that DVD, guide me.
I have not found any existing suitable thread on this.Thanx in advance.

Pathik

Google Bot
2. Extract teh boot sector of the dvd using Isobuster or Magic iso..
3. Copy all the Fedora files from the dvd
4. Create a new bootable using these files and the boot sector u extracted in Magic Iso

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@bukaida if the systems are on a LAN then you can try network installation. This will be less cumbersome and also quick.

EDIT: check this Link

Last edited:
OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
@charangk: your proposal sounds interesting.But the link couldnot provide the following informations.Please help if possible---

To install fedora, I have to boot in FC7.On a remote machine with static IP,and without DVD ROM,
How is that possible if the FC DVD resides on a different machine?
We donot have any client server network(All computers connected through LAN as peer ), is it possible to install under this scenario? Will the network boot option at the boot prompt help?(I have never used it).

Please help.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
bukaida said:
On a remote machine with static IP,and without DVD ROM,
How is that possible if the FC DVD resides on a different machine?
All LAN Nodes have Static IP right?

bukaida said:
We donot have any client server network(All computers connected through LAN as peer ), is it possible to install under this scenario?
When you have the IP address of all the nodes there is no problem for installation.
Please check this Link . It has got all the steps for network installation. I think is a bit old but you will understand the logic ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom