how to make anologue videos in digital???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
I had found an old sony handycam which my dad brought in about 95.I had some priceless videos in it.so I wanted to ask you how can I convert them to digital.:confused::confused:

avik_chat

Broken In
Firstly, see if your computer has a graphics card(a simple TV Tuner/capture card will suffice). Secondly, see if the handycam has a S-Video Port. If yes, then you need to buy a S-Video cable. Connect the cable to the graphics card slot.

Run Windows Movie Maker v2.0 and capture the video from handicam. You should have sufficient space ( 20+ GB) in the HDD partision you would store the captured file. Save the captured file (MPEG4 format) in the HDD.

Run Nero and convert the captured file to VCD/SVCD format and write to a blank CD.

Addendum : Prior to start capturing, you should connect an audio cable from handycam to the sound card of your computer to capture the audio.

Hope you succeed in the project.

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Since you mentioned "old" Sony Handycam, it probably has two sockets (usually white and yellow), to connect to your TV. The yellow is for video and the white is for audio (these are called composite outputs). I have tried Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV Tuner card for capturing from such a device and it works great. Cost I think is around Rs. 2500/- The catch is that the audio (white) is mono (single plug). I use a adapter to connect this to the line in of the sound card, and in the PCTV software, make the audio properties mono. This will ensure that you get sound from both your TV speakers on playback of the finished DVD/CD.

OP
hullap

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Since you mentioned "old" Sony Handycam, it probably has two sockets (usually white and yellow), to connect to your TV. The yellow is for video and the white is for audio (these are called composite outputs). I have tried Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV Tuner card for capturing from such a device and it works great. Cost I think is around Rs. 2500/- The catch is that the audio (white) is mono (single plug). I use a adapter to connect this to the line in of the sound card, and in the PCTV software, make the audio properties mono. This will ensure that you get sound from both your TV speakers on playback of the finished DVD/CD.
thnx

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Its not an adapter. Its a PCI card, check with your assembler. Here is a sample
*cgi.ebay.in/Pinnacle-PCTV-Stereo-T...yZ118389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My friend bought it two years back. It had both RF and composite video inputs. Please verify that composite video input is there before you buy the card.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
No, that adapter is a Y adapter. It has a EP pin on one side which plugs into your sound card, and two RCA mono sockets on the other side. One socket will take the audio out of your handycam. It will cost you around Rs. 50/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom