How to limit bandwith for a particular mac address

Gauravs90

geek........
Hi guys

I have tp-link MR3020 3G wifi router. I was searching for the setting that allow me to control the bandwith but I couldn't find any. I want limit bandwith as my friends are hogging much bandwith which I need for my purpose and it slows down my internet very much.

This my routers web page

*www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/TL-MR3020/index.htm

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not possible unless there is a custom firmware with such a feature which i seriously doubt not to mention that installing custom firmware can kill your router or corrupt its many functions.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
If that is your router's web page, I think you can control bandwith. Check Out Bandwith Control -> Rule Lists.
Add Rules and then give the IP range, Port Range. Create two seperate rule for both TCP and UDP. Check if that works.

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
If that is your router's web page, I think you can control bandwith. Check Out Bandwith Control -> Rule Lists.
Add Rules and then give the IP range, Port Range. Create two seperate rule for both TCP and UDP. Check if that works.

Yes this works...
I have to bind my computers mac address to a specific ip and then limit the bandwith for all other IPs

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
missed the bandwidth control rules list tab because of no script.many modem/router now-a-days comes with bandwidth control(different from QoS in older models) & MR3020 also has this feature & should work as expected after binding IP to MAC address & applying bandwidth control rule.

Top Bottom