dont suggest the shitty tweeks on the net
i've tried them all ...

:oops: :oops:

OP
sushir

sushir

Broken In
here we go ...

[edit=theraven] ok my bad .. when i edited the post i couldnt see his siggy ! and its not there in ihis first post either :|

vysakh

Padawan
raven he has posted his config. It looks like his siggy

you have 1GB ram and geforce 5200 and still doom 3 is slow ????
what fps do you get

i have 384 MB ram and not grafix card and i got upto 20 fps

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sushir

well shushir i belive dat ur mobo is da culprit.it seems to be a via chipset.mobo like via,sis...etc wont be able to give much performce wat i feel if u can den change ur mobo opt 4 either any ati or nvidia chipset.u can go 4 asus-a7n8x-vm/400,it is far betta mobo den wat u r using at present and it wont cost u a bomb.it will be some where around 3-4k.it has a onboard graphics.u can also go 4 a msi mobo.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Aniruddh
hey buddy i dont understand your logic , y the hell should he go for the Asus A7N8X-VM/400 with integrated grafix when he already has a graphics card ?? He has a FX 5200 card as his siggy mentions it.

@shishir
plz try changing ur mobo and go for the Asus A7N8X-E-DELUXE (Nvidia Nforce2) motherboard which offers the best perfomance for AMD socket A processors and i think it will make doom 3 decently playable at low/medium settings for you. Also if you are still not satisfied then change your graphics card also to a 6600 gt or something better if you really want to enjoy doom 3 with its glory unleashed.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
check out the last post by tarey_g here.. A lot of links to tweaking sites.
And a comprehensive guide on tweaking Doom 3here

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@ctrl_alt_del I tried gamegain,gamethrust but none of them seemed to help me, infact my comp strarted giving strange errors,

btw i played doom3 on my ti4200(128) and 256MB( :( ) of RAM pretty well with AA enabled at 2XQ . I tweaked it(game) a lot

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys my System config, is as follows...

P-4,2.0 Ghz processor on an Intel G865 GBF mobo with Hynix 256 MB DDR 266 Mhz RAM, 40 GB HDD, nVIDIA GE FORCE FX 5200, 256 MB DDR RAM graphics card.

well my problem is that i recently installed the DOOM-3 demo given in the DIGIT CD issue of MARCH 2005, well so wen i star tthe game,it runs in 640x480 resolution and the frame rates really Suck. the game is damm slow (like a tortoise) :( and the sound also repeats during the ingame instructions wich i get from the ppl in the DOOM-3 rooms.

the loading time is also very long, the game takes almost 30 seconds to load the starting lever (introductory level) :(

IS this NORMAL speed of the game while loading the levels??

plz suggest !! I
s this How the game (demo as well as the full version) is gonna work on my system ?? or is there a problem while installing the game so the frame rates r so slow... !!

also there r no background tasks running in my system like antivirus scans or any thing like that.My other games run fine like UT and FIFA-05.

plz suggest and help.... wat to do??

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have a lower quality system compared to you but still I can play DoomIII at 25fps...

I think your RAm is slightly slow..

Tips to speed up DoomIII

1) Set your pagefile to 1GB+
2) In the graphics card setting set it to "Performance Mode"
3) In the advanced graphics settings of doomIII disable everything
4) Keep the quality to medium...

I did this on my GeForce4 MX4000 and It played fine...

BTW do you have the latest drivers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom