How to install windows XP on HP Pavilion 2401?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonofmoon

Broken In
Dear Friends,
Recently I bought a HP Pavilion 2401 Laptop with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium. I don't like Vista and wish to switch over to Windows XP, when I queried with the Vendors they told me that I'll need the right drivers to install XP on my laptop. Can anyone help me with this, I will always be greatful to you. Please Please help me.

slugger

Banned
u problem is a lil unclear
do u want d drivers or u want d whole procedure 2 install XP after removing Vista

if u want 2 remove Vista u use a BootCD and format d partition and den install ur OS of choice in it

thecreativeboy

Journeyman
Sonofmoon said:
Dear Friends,
Recently I bought a HP Pavilion 2401 Laptop with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium. I don't like Vista and wish to switch over to Windows XP, when I queried with the Vendors they told me that I'll need the right drivers to install XP on my laptop. Can anyone help me with this, I will always be greatful to you. Please Please help me.

ok.insert the xp cd in your cd or dvd drive.then choose the bios options as boot from cd.then it will run for some time and ask that you accept the agreement and go to the partition and delete the partition which is loaded as vista.and then create a partition and load the xp.it is simole.am i give the correct answer for you?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
bfore uninstalling Vista, d/l the required drivers (m/b, LAN...) , then only proceed with XP install...

download the drivers from here ->
*welcome.hp-ww.com/img/hpweb_1-2_topnav_hp_logo.gif
Software & driver downloads

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Least not the Last, may be your Lappy Came with Windows Vista Licance but that doesnt give you licance for Windows XP, you have to buy another copy of that OS too... Rs. 4k + TAX for Windows XP Home and 6.5k + TAX for Windows XP Pro...

Vista and XP are not very different, with simple few Clicks you can make your Vista look and oparate like Windows XP... !!!

Do consider that tooo !!!

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Like Chota Cheeta said its a legal copy of Vista so dont remove it.
You will slowly get acquainted with it.

@Chota Cheeta,
can tools like acronis true image or Norton ghost can be used to save/backup the original version(by keep an image of it), and again when we install we can get back original version, so we wont lose the original version.
is this possible. ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vish786 said:
@Chota Cheeta,
can tools like acronis true image or Norton ghost can be used to save/backup the original version(by keep an image of it), and again when we install we can get back original version, so we wont lose the original version.
is this possible. ?

Yes possible, thats one of the purpose they exists... !!! but do make sure one thing that you make the Image after you have activated your Windows Copy... as unless every time you restore that Image on a Clean HDD, OS will ask for activation... :(

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Choto Cheeta said:
Yes possible, thats one of the purpose they exists... !!! but do make sure one thing that you make the Image after you have activated your Windows Copy... as unless every time you restore that Image on a Clean HDD, OS will ask for activation... :(

so after activation, i can restore the backup image any no. of time ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vish786 said:
so after activation, i can restore the backup image any no. of time ?

yup... there is no limitaion on it... !!! What you want to do is one of the purpose of developing such software !!! :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nish121 said:
While installin Xp..when it boots..system say hard drive not found..? what to do,

you are using the same Laptop ?? Strange..

this happens on systems which comes with some SATA or RAID controller for which Windows XP doesnt come with bundled driver... but I dont thing HP Pavilion 2401 uses any special RAID Channel Config for which u need to use 3rd party Drivers !!!!

Broccodoc

Right off the assembly line
I'm currently trying to install XP on a Pavillion 6314, and had the "Harddrive not found"-issue as well. I seem to have fixed that by entering the BIOS and disable "SATA Native Support" on the System Configuration page.

However, now that I've installed XP, I'm facing an ocean of uninstalled devices. Not even the Ethernet-port will respond, and I can't seem to find drivers on HP's Driver Download-page for this computer.

Anyone found a place to download these?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Do not install service pack 2 on a pirated windows xp installation though it's possible to bypass the check of cd key by just altering registery entries in ur xp install.It will cause problems.Also always go for the XP CD which has service pack 2 integrated.

Edit: An error occurred on the forum and this post somehow managed to get here.

OP
S

Sonofmoon

Broken In
I am really sorry to make a reply after such a long time and thankyou for all your replies. I was busy with my exams. By the by Yes! I do have a original version of Windows XP SP2 with me. Now the question is the above link only gives me the drivers of a few, and not te drivers such as sound, modem, wifi etc which are very neccesary. Please help me?? If somebody could give me with the exact procdure of install too then I will be obliged...
Thanking you
Sonofmoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom