How to host a website in my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvrrajan

Right off the assembly line
Hello ppl
Help me to host a webiste in my pc.I hav the following doubts

1.Should i register my domain with anyone.(nobody has registed the url until now)

2.pls mention the softwares i need and the configuration i need to do in them and windows.

3.How to register with search engines and popularize the site.

4.How to make money using google ads.

if u cant type i will be glad if u can giv me some links abt it.

Below is my sys config
AMD SEMPRON 2600+
512 MB DDR RAM
120 GB IDE HDD
Windows Xp Sp2

i hav used vbscript,php,flash so take in account of this while replying

currently i having 256kbps broadband with dowload cap.if i host ill opt for
256kbps unlimited pack.i expect a datatransfer of less than 250MB per
month.

Thanks in advance.

bye

ishaan

Padawan
1.yes u hav to register with someone or ur url will be ur ip and thats not user friendly

2.there are many softwares for this...search on google for web server software

i found dis site - *www.janim.net/web-freeware/free-web-servers.php

3look on google for search engine submission....heres one site wich does it for free, but use as many as u want...*www.quickregister.net/

4https://www.google.com/adsense/

hope that helps

but #/bin/sh is rite, its not a good idea to host it urself for many reasons such as...

it will slow down ur pc, ur net speed

u gotta alwez leave it on, suppose u go on a holiday for a week for a month, anything, gotta leave it on

evrytime u install stuff on ur pc or anything like that and u gotta restart, ur site will go down

if ur ip changes, evytime that happens, ur gonna hafta change it in the settings of ur domain name...if u choose to register...otherwise ppl will hav to kno ur new ip each time they wanna visit ur site

and tho it is 256k, the upload speed is diff, i think 64 usually...so that will b quite slo for users, u should chek dat wid ur isp

in d end, its ur choice...i guess it will b ok for a smalltime site wid few visitors, but if ur lookin at a big site wid many visitors, u shouldnt host ir urself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom