HOW TO GET XBOX IN INDIA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKant

In the zone
Grrr..looks like a PC upgrade is ruled out 4 now 4 me. :mad:
I'll have 2 try going 4 a console.

And well this PS2 vs XBox thing looks exactly like thos nVidia-ATI shooouts - noone wins in the end. :roll:

I'll be more specific..I want DOOM III, desperately at that, and HL2 when it comes out. I know that the perf will be less on both the m/c's compared 2 a high-end PC, but who's gonna buy a high-end PC anyway...

I'm looking at a control sys that mirrors the PC..I'll be playing FPS'es and Sports sims..primarily, and RPG hybrids like Deus Ex. I heard that the XBox was better for FPS'es..how? Is it the controls? The XBox is better technically which means the CPU-GPU combo I guess. While the PS2's got a wider game line-up..quite a lot of them being PS2 exclusives...like Metal Gear Solid. And what is the cost of each one like?

Can I hook up either of them 2 my PC monitor? Does the output res of each plateau out at 640x480 or does it get better as the monitor/TV support res goes up?

Plz suggest where I can buy a PS2 or XBox in Chennai, which shld of coz support the 'unofficial' game CD's as well ;-)

And plz don't talk abt PS3/XBox 2 unless it's gonna be out this Dec or next Jan.

BTW: When is D3 for the PS2/XBox coming out? Can the PC game CD's be played on a console?? Mmmmm..guess not. I'm desperately asking such q's bcoz I promised a dealer that I was gonna buy D3 from him!!! And now I can't...FOOLISH ME! :oops:

rohit

Right off the assembly line
hi there i dont know about the xbox but you can get ps2 on bazee for about 15 k .
Well my friends friend owns it and he wanted to sell it for about 8000 (fully modded) I will ask him if you want :p

theraven

Technomancer
xbox and ps2 prices are almost the same ..
ull get it in grey market between 10k-12k.. dependin on the dealer
@tushar_novice ...
1) u didnt need to dig up such an old topic
check the date
2) go on the net ... goto www.google.com
search for the ps3
and its release date
there are old articles where it says itll release in 2005 ... the newer ones say its been delayed to 2006
so check before u post my friend
@rohit .... that ps2's on bazee's .. yeah they are for 15k and fully modded. .. they even throw in a couple of games i think ..
but like i said ... go out and buys it ... ull get it as less as 10 k
and u can buy the games separately as u need them
there are cheaper game options to work with
@Dkant ... D3 for the xbox will be releasin by end of this year or beginnin 2005
to hook up the consoles to ur tv monitor ... hmm ... well ull need a high end digital monitor which supports svideo composite video etc in
u cant connect it to a normal monitor that easily
if ur buyin either ... just make sure its got a "mod" chip for ur ... ummm ... "unofficial" game cd support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom