How to get Windows 7 with Discount

tkin

Back to school!!
@tech&me,windows 7 pro is not listed in dreamspark site but in the web store section of the educational institution.when you go to institution section & search for your institution the result has a link to their webstore below.this is where all the softwares are listed including win7pro.

i am not concerned about looks but functionality.some of the softwares i use frequently are not compatible with server 2008 so it is not an option for me.if someone can run softwares without problems on server edition then it is alright.

@tkin,if your institute is listed then maybe your institute has already created dreamspark account for you.you just need to get the id/activation code/whatever & use it to login into webstore link for your institute(not the dreamspark main site.see at the start of this post).
Don't think so, my institution is the most cheap@$$ college in India, they won't spend a dime for something like this, and I have no idea who might have the code, almost all pcs in my college runs Linux, there are some windows PC for graphics work but all of them run pirated windows anyway.

kisame

King of Heroes
Don't think so, my institution is the most cheap@$$ college in India, they won't spend a dime for something like this, and I have no idea who might have the code, almost all pcs in my college runs Linux, there are some windows PC for graphics work but all of them run pirated windows anyway.
My college is even more cheap.They use trial Windows 7 Enterprise which expires and which then nags us to validate it.Same with most of the professional softwares.Irony here is that it is a central gov institute.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the cheapest option available:
Microsoft Windows Anytime Upgrade Win 7 Home Basic to Win 7 Home Premium: Flipkart.com: Microsoft Operating Systems

you can use one of the 3 methods(use google) to install a fresh win7premium on a new/blank hdd using the above upgrade dvd & serial.

Abhinav Gupta

Broken In
Regarding getting windows 7 through dreamspark.......

I am a 12th passout and hope to get admission in PEC.
So I checked out PEC's webstore.
and there was windows 7 professional available for download .

Visit this link
PEC University of Technology - Computer Centre - DreamSpark Premium | Academic Software Discounts

Tech&ME

Banned
Forget about DreamSpark from now on. They have started charging colleges and school to enroll.

So, NO FREE keys to school, colleges, University anymore at least in India.

Old keys will not work either, since, they have changed the validation process now. :sad:

kisame

King of Heroes
^You sure.Got any links to back this up???
Today got an email from dreamspark asking me submit scan of my college I-Card and course list to get verified.
If they are really charging,no use in verifying myself.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
For me I have just passed out my college. Anyhow my college was not listed. I work in IT sector but I think they don't entertain that. I still didn't understand how I save by going for upgrade for Rs. 2800/- (I'm ready to spend 3 - 3.5K for OS). I would need an original OS first right?

Enjoy~!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@speedyguy,no offense but this is the 3rd time now that i am repeating this.there are ways/tricks/hacks/whatever you call them to use upgrade dvd & key to install without an existing os/blank/empty hard disk.type "windows home premium upgrade clean install" in google & click search.if you still don't get it then i don't know of any simpler way.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Honestly I didn't. May be didn't read through your posts properly as we went deep into certain number of things. Will try out your way :)

Enjoy~!

Top Bottom