How to get mail in Outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I want to know how to get mail in out look express. It asks me what is outgoing (POP3 ....) and incoming mail or something like that. What to do?

expertno.1

Technomancer
oh man it depends on the service of emial which you use

the mail service wil tell you !

generally incoming server is pop.server.com
(where server is your email client)

and outgoing is smtp.server.com

(where server is your email client)

ashu283

Broken In
wht abt port nos..R thy same for all server(mail servers) or diff for every one.
if same thn wht is tht.....N if diff thn wht for yahoo N rediff (as for gmail its given on its site) :?: :?:

shreyadr

Journeyman
earlier hotmails used to gave pop3 access, in fact we just have to creat an hotmail account thru outlook or the details of the account already with hotmail to be given, which was very simple. i am using my 5 yrs old hotmail account with this way, but since it is only for 2 mb ; recently i have created another account but it refused to work with outlook. as far as i know hotmail has stoped such thing.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Hotmail never gave POP3 support. It only provided POP3 emulation. The service remained web-based mail, but it added features to OE/Outlook for Hotmail.

A true POP3 is not email client depedant. It would work with Thunderbird, Incredimail, Eudora, Evolution, Kmail, etc. But hotmail worked only with OE/Outlook. :roll: It was just another trick from the M$ stable :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom