How to Dual boot Mac OSX with Windows?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am done with Windows XP for working purpose and wanna switch to Mac. So I have decided to ditch the Win XP and install Mac, the latest is Mountain Lion I think, along with my Windows 7 x64. Is there a 32/64 bit variant there for Mac too?
Anyways, how will i dual boot Mac with Win 7? If I format the XP partition and install Mac will it corrupt Win 7, which is obviously in a different partition. I remember when I installed Win XP after installing Win 7 it corrupted my Win 7, then I had to install Win 7 at last, after XP, is there anything same for Mac too?

Thanks in advance as always guys.

jaysatish

I think, therefore I am.
You meant to say that you want to switch to OSX (Apple's OS). "Macintosh" refers to the computer itself, put together by Apple, tailored to the OSX.

Yup, the current version of OSX is Mountain Lion. If you want to install OSX on a PC with non-Apple hardware, the only methods (that I know of) include using a virtual emulation software like VMWare and/or several Hackintosh tools. Doing it properly can be a slightly complicated process. As for dual-booting OSX and Windows, I think VMware might be your only option.

Go to www.hackintosh.com. They have good resources for the procedure. Make sure you check hardware and software compatibility before you do anything and create a backup of EVERYTHING.

Suman Panigrahi

Right off the assembly line
Hmm...

I am running Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 in my Dell Laptop. If you need help PM me.

I want to install Mac OS X Lion on my Acer 5738DG laptop. I have already installed Windows 7 Home Premium. Can you please mail me
whole guide how to do that.

Your guidance will be really appreciated. My email: suman770@gmail.com

waiting for reply..........

Tech&ME

Banned
Acer 5738DG is not fully supported for Mac OS X (x86 Project )

You will have to find patches for it by using google , which is a pain to do.

satyadeep

Broken In
I also had same problems, then myfriend suggested me the iboot boot loader.. search that on google...

I also had same problems, then myfriend suggested me the iboot boot loader.. search that on google...

Top Bottom