How to display countdown clock during ppt presentation?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I will be making a 30mins ppt presentation soon. Is it possible to display a countdown timer of 30mins, which would be displayed when the presentation is on? I dont wish to exceed the allotted time. I couldnt find such option in powerpoint. Or maybe i missed it.

Last edited:

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
You can download SWF (Flash) timers if you want or try this workaround

Code:
*www.ehow.com/how_6568927_add-countdown-timer-powerpoint.html

Or download this and read the instructions

Code:
*www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Countdown-timers-embedded-into-PowerPoint-6257613/

I haven't tested any of them, so I don't really know if they works.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thanks...but ain't this facility available in powerpoint itself. I think it is a very important feature, which should be a must in this software. I wanted to avoid third party softwares but I will try your suggestions out. Thanks.

©mß

Journeyman
Yes it is necessary that this feature should be present.
I also thought of adding a countdown but didn't find during my presentation and dropped the idea.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
By the way i added a swf flash file of a countdown timer available freely on the net, played it in default media player and made it 'always on the top' during display. Serves the purpose. But the inbuilt feature for the same would have been great.

Thanks win32.tr0jan. Your suggestion was a good guide.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have no idea if a countdown timer can be shown, although there is a feature "Rehearse Timing" in powerpoint, which allows you to schedule the timings of your slides in such a way, that it can be finished within a stipulated time. You can record these timings in run time of the presentation and later adjust the timings manually.
You can give it a shot.

Top Bottom