How to delete this partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
I’ve had Red Hat Linux 8 installed in a 6 MB partition on my hard disk due to my OS lab in the previous semester. I’ve Win XP Pro as my other OS. Since I change my OSs frequently, my friend who installed Linux for me (I’m not that versed in Linux) had given me a command line which I used to type in through a boot floppy to get into Linux.

Since a last few days, I don’t know what happened, the command line’s not working. I want to delete that 6MB partition and add it up to the XP partition. But a few are telling me that it’s not possible to delete that partition through the “Disk Management� utility in Win XP. According to them if I do try to delete them through XP, my whole system will get messed up and I’ll be left with only the option of full format. Is that true?

In the Disk Management window, it shows those partitions but as “Unknown Partitions�. Please suggest something. Thanx.

swatkat

Technomancer
u can delete that partition in XP Disk Management.But after deleting u have to create another logical drive from that deleted partition.u can not merge that space into ur existing logical drive.So i u have to merge it with ur existing last logical drive u have to use softwares such Partition Magic,7 Tools Partition Manager etc.

iinfi

mekalodu
use partition magic or partition manager

use partition magic or partition manager to delete the the 6MB partion n add it to ur winXP partition

it will work fine n u wont lose data .....
as a precautionary measure back up the drive with which u r gonna add the 6MB ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom