how to delete an stuborn programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkin park

Broken In
please tell me how to delete a programme if it has no unstall utility with it in start all programme list , and also if it does not show up in control panel add remove programme

quote: all men are equal some are more equal than others

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Use CCleaner. It usually lists programs not in the Add/ Remove programs list. If it has no installer, then you'll have to uninstall it manually. You'll have to delete the program's folder. Then you can use CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities to remove the registry keys associated with it.

mmharshaa

Answers everything
Find the target of the programme and check for uninstall file. You may do this either by searching for the keywords or by right clicking its shortcut on desktop and clicking on properties. Then copy the target and paste it in your browser so that u can find the uninstall file.

If u don't find an uninstall file, just simply delete all the files present in that folder. Also u need to delete all the registries made in the registry editor( you can open this by simply entering regedit in run) and find for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and the name of the software/application and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software.
Simple!!!!

Raccoon

Journeyman
Use CCleaner. It usually lists programs not in the Add/ Remove programs list. If it has no installer, then you'll have to uninstall it manually. You'll have to delete the program's folder. Then you can use CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities to remove the registry keys associated with it.

Thats only as a last resort. Those utils will never find all the reg entries.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Well, TuneUp Utilities 2008 removes registry keys that don't make sense. If the files of a particular program are removed, then the registry keys of that program will be seen as rubbish by TuneUp and they will be removed.
And BTW, I suggested that because it would be easier than doing everything manually.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Well, TuneUp Utilities 2008 removes registry keys that don't make sense. If the files of a particular program are removed, then the registry keys of that program will be seen as rubbish by TuneUp and they will be removed.
And BTW, I suggested that because it would be easier than doing everything manually.

I wish it were that simple. Try making profiles and comparing how much gunk actually remains on your system even after those utils do their job. Btw, both those utilities are not the best for reg. cleaning. CCleaner is perhaps the most bare-bones basic. But on the other hand, it makes them safe.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I wish it were that simple. Try making profiles and comparing how much gunk actually remains on your system even after those utils do their job. Btw, both those utilities are not the best for reg. cleaning. CCleaner is perhaps the most bare-bones basic. But on the other hand, it makes them safe.

You can never completely remove the registry keys of a program without the uninstaller. Those software are better than doing things manually. And I suggested CCleaner because it's free. TuneUp Utilites 2008 is very good at cleaning the registry. Just try it. :)

Raccoon

Journeyman
You can never completely remove the registry keys of a program without the uninstaller. Those software are better than doing things manually. And I suggested CCleaner because it's free. TuneUp Utilites 2008 is very good at cleaning the registry. Just try it. :)

I have tried it sometime back... I did not find it agressive enough, as I said. But thats what makes it safe... It hardly ever created any problems. There are programs that are much more agressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom