How to create my own operating system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
What do you want ? A completely new operating system ? i think that will be a great effort. you'll have to write your own kernel and core, applications, libraries, device drivers, gui etc etc...

Or you can buld up an os from the existing Linux Kernel. Try LinuxFromScratch

*www.linuxfromscratch.org/

A great question. Have you heard about Knoppix. It was created by Klaus Knopper, not from scratch but from codes that exist in the Open Source World. I once had a chat with him through e-mail and he told me (when I asked the similar question that u have asked) that "no one in the entire history of mankind has created an operating system from scratch". So I think creating an operating system from scratch is rather impossible. But you can certainly use the open source codes to create your own OS.

expertno.1

Technomancer
@nagrjun
first tell me if u r awared of open source codes or not

if not u will be unable to make an os urself

also making an os is not taking a candy from a baby

u have to spend a year months or days to complete make an os yourself

vegeta_killer

Broken In
all right there is way if u r that much skilled make a team
which got developers, testers and marketing people
the main 3 legs
then u need a good internet security personal,cryptanographer,hardware personal,instrumental engenier,graphic dessigner,animator,web dessi'r,shell programer,etc

and the way what the all of the post in this form showed u.......................

no easy but not immposible

u could try by simply modifying/building a uniux-kernal based os or a new version of linux like pcquest have done

all u need is a right groop
and most importent KEEP SEARCHING OPEN S

- Snake -

Broken In
all right there is way if u r that much skilled make a team
which got developers, testers and marketing people
the main 3 legs
then u need a good internet security personal,cryptanographer,hardware personal,instrumental engenier,graphic dessigner,animator,web dessi'r,shell programer,etc

and the way what the all of the post in this form showed u.......................

no easy but not immposible

u could try by simply modifying/building a uniux-kernal based os or a new version of linux like pcquest have done

all u need is a right groop
and most importent KEEP SEARCHING OPEN S

To start from beginning you need to know basics first... start of from these websites they have pretty good information...

[url]*osdever.net [/url]
mega-tokyo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom