How to create LAN network with Neighbours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I need to create a local LAN network with my friends who are close to my houses (upto 200meters max). Using Lan cable is not possible here. We all have same cable TV network and all have bsnl land phone . so is there any way to create a local lan netwok using cable TV or Bsnl's phone lines by uisng ADSL/cable modem, without connecting to Bsnl's server?.
Like setting satic ip over pppoe mode in modem or anything like that.So freinds please put in some ideas:)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Yes it is possible, and its free and cross platform

Hamachi

Read about it here and download
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi
*www.download.com/Hamachi-Basic/3000-2651_4-10633554.html

A more secure and complicated way, OpenVPN. I haven't tried it
*openvpn.se/

Last edited:
OP
zyberboy

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^ but Hamachi requires internet connection isn't?
i want to create a lan with my friends by using ADSL modem and phone line but without connecting to internet, is it possible?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It is possible with two modems (hyperterminal it is called), I have no experience in that. For further info see here
*technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserv...5b84-45fb-afab-610374d359941033.mspx?mfr=true
*technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserv...f0d8-455c-9f9e-6dae39d3c0dd1033.mspx?mfr=true

To the best of my knowledge, its not possible with ADSL modems

Please note that the IP is assigned by your service provider the moment your router is switched on, so an IP based solution won't work.

Last edited:

valtea

In the zone
make a seperate lan using Lan Extender or using fiber optics (with media converter) because using BSNL or Cable TV line if possible will effect your Telephone line (make it engage or something)

s151157

Right off the assembly line
Dude its possible with the normal cable too.

If you punch it right and with proper standard without much bends it will go to 200 Meters. I also consider that u used proper quality cable like D Link or something.

And one thing mode if u use a active device like switch or hub etc the signal stength will also incerease.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@cyberboy check this link. wifi range entender.. I bet this will be interesting to you :)
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom