How to create AJAX based wysisyg web page editor (only content, not layout and HTML)

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hey everyone.
So I'm trying to create an AJAX based web page editor that will load a template HTML page, and allow the user to put content (images and text) in predefined regions, and also maybe select one of the available color themes, and save the page as a new page. BUT it should NOT allow the user to edit the layout of the page and HTML and CSS.

In short I need a WYSIWYG webpage editor that allows the user to edit only predefined regions of the page.
Is there already any such editor (preferably FOSS) ?
If you have any suggestions on how to build such an editor please mention them here.
Thanks in advance.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
AFAIK, there are none. I'll suggest you code the websites yourself than relying on some tools.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
If I knew how to do that I wouldn't be asking the question, now would I? :mrgreen:

I just need some guidance I can then code myself.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
If I knew how to do that I wouldn't be asking the question, now would I? :mrgreen:

I just need some guidance I can then code myself.

If you're not ready to develop from scratch, Go for something like Wordpress, Joomla and the likes. I personally wouldn't recommend them. It makes life easier, though.

In case of developing from scratch, Go through w3schools.com, If you're not well with the basics.

Top Bottom