How to connect PC with a BRAVIA TV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
I have some movies on my hard drive, some in DVD format, a few in VCD format and others in HD format. Now I know you will say that I can burn them onto discs and watch it using a DVD player. Now although it is feasible (to some extent) it is not at all possible for the HD movies (well atleast those encoded with the Matroska codec). I dont have a DVD player and dont want to buy one, coz they are useless. Next i dont want to increase my collection of disks.
So, please tell me a method people how to connect my computer with a bravia tv. Here's the details:-

CPU~
Asus P5Q;
Intel C2D E8400;
CM 500W Extreme Power Plus PSU;
LG DVD Writer;
1 X 1GB Transcend DDR2 667MHz RAM module;
2 X 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ RAM module;
Samsung 80GB HDD (SP0812C);
Western Digital 320GB HDD (WD 3200AAKS);
XFX 8600GT 265MB DDR3 graphics card;

[PS - whatever anomalies you see in the setup was due to budget constraints, not going into details]

TV~
Sony BRAVIA KLV-26S400A
see it for yourself: *www.sony.co.in/product/klv-26s400a

Now i have been able to hook these up using the monitor cable but then there is no sound output. Please give me a solution. I can go for shopping only till this Friday.

[sorry again. i live in kolkata. so most probably will be shopping in chandni]

sohancool

Broken In
Hi dude, i have a Bravia 32" LCD TV (KLV32V400A) which has a wide variety of inputs. I have successfully connected the same with my pretty old Rig(P4 HT 3GHz, 2GB RAM, 8400GS Graphics card). I know it can't play full HD but it sure plays 720P which is acceptable. The best way to go about this is as follows:-
1) Get a DVI - HDMI Adapter. You will get this in 200-300 bucks i suppose. This looks something like this
*www.avocent.ca/img/product_images/avocent-dvi-hdmi-adapter-lg.jpg
i suppose you can't get audio through this, although newer cards have this facility.
2) if you motherboard has optical out then use it, otherwise get a normal cable which connects to line out of your PC to Audio Left and Audio Right on the back of your TV(Stereo sound)
3) Get the updated drivers for your graphics card.
You can get the above mentioned components on ebay as well.

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
Hi dude, i have a Bravia 32" LCD TV (KLV32V400A) which has a wide variety of inputs. I have successfully connected the same with my pretty old Rig(P4 HT 3GHz, 2GB RAM, 8400GS Graphics card). I know it can't play full HD but it sure plays 720P which is acceptable. The best way to go about this is as follows:-
1) Get a DVI - HDMI Adapter. You will get this in 200-300 bucks i suppose. This looks something like this
*www.avocent.ca/img/product_images/avocent-dvi-hdmi-adapter-lg.jpg
i suppose you can't get audio through this, although newer cards have this facility.
2) if you motherboard has optical out then use it, otherwise get a normal cable which connects to line out of your PC to Audio Left and Audio Right on the back of your TV(Stereo sound)
3) Get the updated drivers for your graphics card.
You can get the above mentioned components on ebay as well.

if i go for the dvi-hdmi convertor, i will have to buy a hdmi cable which is a costly affair. plus where can i get these, i dont kno, atleast of decent quality.

about option 2, yes i do have optical SPDIF port if thats what you mean. i like this option. seems feasible. but what i really want to know is that what to ask the dealer considering that most dealers dont do their homework. do you know any particular shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom