How to buy a domain in india and which place is best to buy it?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I am looking towards buying a domain name for a site. But I have no idea about which providers are good. I have only heard about go daddy or hostinger. Which provider do you guys recommend or have used?

Also Does registering a domain name gives copyright protection?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I personally use Namecheap. They are pretty good and the service is good as well. They also have INR option for payment.

Also Does registering a domain name gives copyright protection?
Copyright protection on what? The domain name? If someone else claims copyright on the name you will probably have to settle that in court in any case. You should trademark or copyright the name with the appropriate agencies as well to truly be protected.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Copyright protection on what? The domain name? If someone else claims copyright on the name you will probably have to settle that in court in any case. You should trademark or copyright the name with the appropriate agencies as well to truly be protected.
Well guess I will have no other option.

Trademarking/copyrighting in india takes fair bit of time and money(About a year or two of no one challenge it and about 50K-1Lakh depending on lawyer fees and time)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There could be exceptions. For example, there was one guy in the forum who bought dota2.co.in (or was it dota2.in I don't remember), but Valve didn't care since they don't use (and need) a .co.in domain.

bubusam13

Human
I found BigRock better. Their DNS is good and renewal is cheaper. Please compare before buying if you plan to renew the domain. Also .co.in, .tech, .online are initially cheaper but very costly to renew.
I once purchased from a cheap India based reseller and it was a nightmare as their DNS used to be down most of the time.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
I used some Indian domain registrar such as Mitsu.

From here(seems part of NiXi) you can see list of all accredited registrars.

Top Bottom