How to block a softwere on firewall

rbp45

Broken In
How can I block a softwere on firewall to stop upload or download through internet to a pc in Windows 7 environment ?
e.g. To stop download through 'Internet Download Manager' by blocking Windows 7 firewall.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
@ rbp45

Install Zonealarm Free Firewall. It is amongst the best and very easy to set program control. It will ask you when Internet Download Manager or any other program accessing net. You can simply allow or block it. It has also option to remember your settings, once you use this, you need not allow or block it every time. Windows 7 firewall is too basic. If you use torrents, better use a 3rd party firewall.

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
How can I know that certain This program path of a softwere, need to block for outbound or inbound ?

Block a program in Windows 7 Firewall

Block according whether its Inbound or Outbound :)

At present I used to block Norton Smart Firewall for Win7, but I dont have more Norton to do so in WINDOWS DEVOLOPER PREVIEW environment, so I will try Zonealarm Free Firewall.
Yes, I use torrent.

@ rbp45

Install Zonealarm Free Firewall. It is amongst the best and very easy to set program control. It will ask you when Internet Download Manager or any other program accessing net. You can simply allow or block it. It has also option to remember your settings, once you use this, you need not allow or block it every time. Windows 7 firewall is too basic. If you use torrents, better use a 3rd party firewall.

Top Bottom