How much will I get?: IBM Thinkpad R52

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Hi, I have an IBM Thinkpad R52 laptop, which I would like to sell.

It is about 1.5 yrs old, with 6 months warranty left. It is in near perfect condition and the internal IBM software states that the battery has gone through 42 discharge cycles, which is quite low. The battery is in perfect working condition and gives at least 4 hours.

The specs are:

Centrino Pentium M - 1.73ghz
256MB DDR Ram
40GB HDD
DVD/CD-RW Drive
15" LCD
Intel GMA 900
2 USB ports
1 Firewire port
Ethernet/Modem
1 parallel port
1 VGA out
PCMCIA port
1 IR port
Bluetooth
Wifi 802.11 b/g

What's the approx price I can hope for?

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
I want to sell because I currently have no use for it. I still am in 2 minds whether to sell it or not thats why I first wanted to ask how much will I get approx?

I already have an excellent computer and my usage of the laptop is nil/minimal at best.

src2206

In the zone
The specs are pretty outdated (sorry brother), so I don't think you will get much for this. Though I'm not an authority on laptop prices and models, but this much I'm sure that new Dell notebooks, Compaq Pressario etc with more recent and better spes are available for 30k to 40k. Other local brands cost lesser.

So IMHO you can not expect anyhting more than 15k for this, may be lower. So if you have even a small use of it you can always keep it otherwise you can sell it and use the money to upgrade your existing PC...a Quad Core procy maybe :D

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Hi, thanks a lot.
I was expecting more than 15k, as IBM charges a premium for its laptops and they have the best build quality in the world. Much better than Compaq, Dell, HP, or any of the local brands. Plus it has built in hard drive protection.

Plus, as far as I am aware, notebooks in the 30k range only have a Celeron cpu while this one has a pentium M. The range from 40-45k has a core duo.

Anyway, thanks a lot you guys :) I have decided to hold on to the laptop for now and see if I can get any use from it. Maybe if I get a better price locally or something, I can think of selling it otherwise it can stay with me.

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
dude in 38 k i got a new laptop of amd 64x2 with a grapic card 512 ram dd2 which is latest i think about 18 k i think is beeter uner 20 k not more than that

src2206

In the zone
PhoenixAG said:
Hi, thanks a lot.
I was expecting more than 15k, as IBM charges a premium for its laptops and they have the best build quality in the world. Much better than Compaq, Dell, HP, or any of the local brands. Plus it has built in hard drive protection.

Plus, as far as I am aware, notebooks in the 30k range only have a Celeron cpu while this one has a pentium M. The range from 40-45k has a core duo.

Anyway, thanks a lot you guys :) I have decided to hold on to the laptop for now and see if I can get any use from it. Maybe if I get a better price locally or something, I can think of selling it otherwise it can stay with me.

Wise decision :)

and sorry for disappointing you.

mahesh_bharti

Broken In
Hi,
what would be your minimum nego. price.
i m in delhi.
i m willing buyer.i m serouus so take your time & then finally tell me your mimimum accepted price.

dabster

In the zone
hackers2005.3721 said:
dude in 38 k i got a new laptop of amd 64x2 with a grapic card 512 ram dd2 which is latest i think about 18 k i think is beeter uner 20 k not more than that

dell already send me a quote for 35 k for amd-X2 laptop with 1GB RAM.
@author:if u want to sell don't expect more than 15k or maybe less.

king007

In the zone
Thats the problem with Bazaar section, there should be some rule that if there is no reply in over a month the thread should automatically be locked.............

src2206

In the zone
infra_red_dude said:
why are you digging up a 2 month old thread??

Just to inform us that how wrong the @author was :)

So sell it man...you are getting a very good price inded.

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Please close this thread. I was not wrong, I sold it for Rs. 25,000 about 3 months back. What's the point in wasting your time in other people's threads telling them they're wrong?

Anyway, please close this thread so that no more posts can happen here. The laptop in question is already long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom